DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2017 WRESTLING JIBBER JABBER

RIPPA

33 minutes ago, sabremike said:

So do I have this right: Corny talked shit about Santino, when they met Santino called him out on it, then Corny freaked out?

No, Santino shook his hand then demanded an apology and Cornette tried to walk away then Santino kept barring his path. Its on video. 

• Like 1

Yeah Santino is pretty much being the asshat here. He offered a hand under false pretense and when he didn't get the response he wanted became the aggressor. I see nothing wrong with Cornette wanting nothing to do with him.

James

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Victator said:

No, Santino shook his hand then demanded an apology and Cornette tried to walk away then Santino kept barring his path. Its on video. 

When I said talk shit I didn't mean in that moment, I meant in other places (like interviews). Santino must've been upset for a reason.

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

Super random question Kane related question. Does anyone know the date of the Raw where Kane is lead out in chains by multiple police/security officers? From the time period when he tombstoned Linda and zapped Shane's junk. Please and thanks!

May 19th?

Oh, come on, SOMEONE was going to say it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, sabremike said:

When I said talk shit I didn't mean in that moment, I meant in other places (like interviews). Santino must've been upset for a reason.

Santino had claimed in a shoot interview that Cornette called him gloating about his neck injury, which Cornette denied. I listened to the shoot in question and got the sense Santino was full of shit. Cornette learned about it and did what he normally does. But I think it was over the OVW incident. 

4 hours ago, Infinit said:

Super random question Kane related question. Does anyone know the date of the Raw where Kane is lead out in chains by multiple police/security officers? From the time period when he tombstoned Linda and zapped Shane's junk. Please and thanks!

July 21, 2003 & July 28, 2003 (the night he tombstoned Linda and the week after)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

"You call yourself sanitarium orderlies?  If this was Memphis in '82, you'd not only put a guy in a straight jacket, they'd give him some goddammn electroshock therapy too!  And nobody does trepanation as a feud blowoff anymore!"

Some pasty morons from an Indy hardcore promotion in Shit City will read your post and go, 'Dude! Let's to a Trepanation match!'

People can say whatever they want about the Katie Vick silliness that surrounded it, but Kane immediately following the unmasking is one of my favorite things from that time period, ESPECIALLY that entrance. It made me almost wish they had done it during 1997 leading up to the first Undertaker match.  I really wish they would have stuck with that. Hell, I'd be ok if they redid it with Braun Strowman or Luke Harper or something. Whether it's Kane, or Sabu in the straight jacket or Goldberg with the cops, there's just something very intriguing to me about the idea of the audience/opponents needing extra protection from someone.

• Like 3

Maybe Santino wanted to see if Cornette really was some tough guy, or just some big mouth bitch who knew he could get away with assault without getting his face crushed in. 

I mean, the whole thing is predictably carny but hey, pro wres and all.

• Like 1

Jim Cornette needs to be tied down and slowly rolled through  a gauntlet of minimum wage drive thru workers who were just trying to get through a shift and make rent and had to have shit dumped on them by drunk douchebags because they are powerless.

It should happen once a week for the rest of his fucking stupid damaged life until he can go one full week without being a fucking nuisance.

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

People can say whatever they want about the Katie Vick silliness that surrounded it, but Kane immediately following the unmasking is one of my favorite things from that time period, ESPECIALLY that entrance. It made me almost wish they had done it during 1997 leading up to the first Undertaker match.  I really wish they would have stuck with that. Hell, I'd be ok if they redid it with Braun Strowman or Luke Harper or something. Whether it's Kane, or Sabu in the straight jacket or Goldberg with the cops, there's just something very intriguing to me about the idea of the audience/opponents needing extra protection from someone.

Agreed, he came off like a major deal/special attraction again with that entrance, wish that lasted longer.

The whole Cornette thing is hilarious. The guy talks crap for years and years, finally gets confronted and then cries about being harassed. Then when security arrives and steps between he starts acting like a tough guy again. Its tragic that he didn’t get the piss beat out of him which he’s deserved for an endless amount of years. 

The best part part of the new video (not sure if anyone’s seen it) is the end when Santino calls him a “degenerate co** su****.” Cant say I disagree.

• Like 1

No one cares (nor should they about this) but I am amused that Darren Young is back from injury as a heel for no reason

Since he is on the heel side of the random 8 mans they do to get everyone in house show matches

For example - last night this was a team "Darren Young, Dash Wilder, Elias & Goldust"

5 hours ago, piranesi said:

Jim Cornette needs to be tied down and slowly rolled through  a gauntlet of minimum wage drive thru workers who were just trying to get through a shift and make rent and had to have shit dumped on them by drunk douchebags because they are powerless.

It should happen once a week for the rest of his fucking stupid damaged life until he can go one full week without being a fucking nuisance.

Oh fuck this. If you saw the Dairy Queen video, the clerk did start it. She was trying to big league someone instead of saying "I'm sorry, we will start your order immediately."

BTW Cornette never said he could take Santino in a fight. He said he is an old man with bad knees and Santino could kick his ass. He said it numerous times. 

People are still mad, Cornette does not kiss Kenny Omega's ass.

• Like 4

I would cancel the Network for a year and give that money to whoever books Cornette/Santino in a shoot match. Cornette is like the Gene Simmons of wrestling, constantly bitching about the way things are today and wish it would be like the "good ol' days". I'm very surprised he's not a Trump supporter, given the way he wishes it was 1986 again.