DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK FOUR

Ryan

Steelers win and both Dallas and the Pats lose today.  This weekend would've been completely perfect I had been able to go to the MCW even and gotten my photo op with Rosemary.

Alas, Soldiers need training and that new fucking sleeper sofa we just put on our Value City Furniture credit account isn't going to pay for itself.

8 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Looks like Vikings RB Dalvin Cook will miss the rest of the year.

As soon as they showed the replay, I was pretty sure he blew his knee. Non-contact knee injuries are always awful.

Not that I believe your average NFL owner is capable of shame or embarrassment, but I hope everyone who voted for the Chargers' move to LA* felt something like it watching that game and seeing travelling Eagles fans overpower the Chargers' home crowd with ease.

Of course, they probably also thought "haha, we're fleecing all of SoCal dry and sticking these losers with the bill," so who knows.

*Except Jeffrey Lurie, who probably thought the crowd visuals were hilarious.

• Like 1

I remember that happening as well a couple times the last season in the old stadium too. Steelers, and Raiders I think. I remember commenting at the time how embarrassing it looked to have the visiting fans clearly making more noise than the home team. But, it's kind of hard to rah rah over a team that you already know is out the door too.

Reporting in from San Diego- I can tell you that a lot of people I know are laughing very deeply and joyously over the whole LA Chargers thing. An 0-4 start with multiple "snatch defeat from the jaws of victory" endings has been the best/funniest possible outcome. Although I will say this- there is no need to blame any owners but Dean Spanos. Both for the move, and for the lack of fanbase. Dean did both of these things. I currently cannot decide what is a funnier outcome: Chargers forced to move back to San Diego, or Spanos forced to sell. No one likes him and he is a liability for the rest of the owners with his craven clumsiness.