DVDVR Message Board

Happy Rusev Day!!! - SDL - 9/26/2017

Dolfan in NYC

tumblr_owx0596Atj1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

Also KO and Sami resume their "Best of Infinity" series.  Inventive of Owens to use Sami as a foreign object AND Pillmanize him at the same time.  That's Jason Voorhees-level shit right there. 

And for the record, I don't think there's any more appropriate person than Dolph Ziggler to shill the shittiest of all wireless carriers, Cricket Wireless. 

• Like 7

Rusev Day was great until Orton ruined it. I want more of Aiden English as Rusev's personal singer. 

Hopefully, Carmella takes Ellsworth's submission further each week. Next week, he's in a full gimp suit. The following week Carmella leaves him in a dog cage at ringside. When he's not masked, she's putting cigars out on his tongue.

25 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I know that is where the hard camera is but how hard would it be to move the hard camera on the side with actual fans.  They have to realize how stupid it looks when you are facing 200 people and turning your backs on 1000

I'm pretty sure WWE doesn't want the million people watching on TV to think only 200 people are at the show :P

• Like 1

Think how much better it could've been if Dolph's 4 week intro-thon only went two weeks (first week to establish the shitty idea, and the 2nd week for the interruption) and Roode coming out was his actual debut on the main roster rather than him debuting two months ago, disappearing for a month, and then showing up again. I know they definitely didn't plan this angle that far ahead, but they seemingly threw Roode's debut out there just to get some immediate after SummerSlam buzz and then did absolutely nothing with him. If they could've just had a little more patience, him debuting this way would've been way better.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

Think how much better it could've been if Dolph's 4 week intro-thon only went two weeks (first week to establish the shitty idea, and the 2nd week for the interruption) and Roode coming out was his actual debut on the main roster rather than him debuting two months ago, disappearing for a month, and then showing up again. I know they definitely didn't plan this angle that far ahead, but they seemingly threw Roode's debut out there just to get some immediate after SummerSlam buzz and then did absolutely nothing with him. If they could've just had a little more patience, him debuting this way would've been way better.

If only people that own and work for WWE put that much effort into their storylines.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, CSC said:

Out of nowhere, Rusev struck
Hitting Randy like a truck
It’s Rusev Day, it’s Rusev Day
And with Randy’s nine-second fail
Rusev became the alpha male
It’s Rusev Day, it’s Rusev Day

If I could get the board to automatically play this every time someone logged in, I would. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

Wasn't he the heel when he sided with Summer Rae and was feuding with Dolph and Lana?

The one where Lana was cosplaying "American" by dressing like Kelly from Married with Children c. 1993 and fucking Dolph Ziggler?

No, he was standing against that so he was defending all of our honor.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Jamal said:

I liked Charlotte/Carmella. But does the Money in the Bank winner usually lose this much? 

Absolutely. "Lose constantly for months on end, cash in, flop as champion because all credibility got jobbed out, get blamed for 'not being ready'" has been the pattern for years now.

• Like 5

That anemic crowd shot is rather depressing to look at.  But we were over-the-moon happy to see Rusev Day.  Even if the melody of the anthem was incorrect I loved Aiden singing it plus his take on Orton's theme.  And Rusev takes one of the best RKO bumps ever, I'd imagine Randy loves working with him.

11 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

It's amazing how Rusev is literally never the bad guy in his feuds.

I'm fairly certain he is the oft cited worker in the Heel Justifications thread.  I have yet to see a feud he's been in where the guy allegedly working the face side of the booking did not deserve a severe asswhipping; especially Enzo and Dolph Ziggler..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Rusev Day was great until Orton ruined it. I want more of Aiden English as Rusev's personal singer. 

Hopefully, Carmella takes Ellsworth's submission further each week. Next week, he's in a full gimp suit. The following week Carmella leaves him in a dog cage at ringside. When he's not masked, she's putting cigars out on his tongue.

Something something Niceguywood Eddienetico.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5