DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Worth Zero Dimes - 9/25/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Side note on this and since they put the whole situation on the Fallout Youtube page, they might have just given the whole division it's finale:

Enzo has his "no touch" clause not allowing anyone who touches him to challenge for the title.  Now that they have aired footage of the entire division attacking him, now nobody currently part of the division can challenge him.  So unless they sign someone new or move someone else to the division from either brand, Enzo has nobody who can challenge him.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

Side note on this and since they put the whole situation on the Fallout Youtube page, they might have just given the whole division it's finale:

Enzo has his "no touch" clause not allowing anyone who touches him to challenge for the title.  Now that they have aired footage of the entire division attacking him, now nobody currently part of the division can challenge him.  So unless they sign someone new or move someone else to the division from either brand, Enzo has nobody who can challenge him.  

Asuka defeats Enzo for the cruiserweight title and then all the women from the Mae Young Classic take over 205Live's time slot.

I was actually on guard for the payoff to the "no touch clause" being that Kurt Angle just signed a random slip of paper that had no language addressing that and gave it to Enzo because (a) Enzo is annoying and Kurt wanted him to go away and (b) he knew Enzo was a dumbass, would see the signature, and not bother to read the rest of the paper to see if it actually said anything of substance. 

Hell I am still not ruling that out as a plot resolution.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

I thought the no touch clause only applied for Neville.

I guess Angle can rule over anything that happens on Raw. As for Tuesday, I just pretend they use a random dice roll to determine who goes into matches each week, just like I used to do in my Champions of the Galaxy game for the leftovers who were not in a feud at the time.

4 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

Can we all just admit that Enzo is the best pure heel on the roster?

No because he's not

Just because people hate him doesn't equal being a good heel

A good heel is getting the crowd to cheer someone they have been booing because you are a chicken shit aka The Miz being so good the crowd actually cheered Roman Reigns

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

A good heel is getting the crowd to cheer someone they have been booing because you are a chicken shit aka The Miz being so good the crowd actually cheered Roman Reigns

Given how bad 205 has been in terms of getting fans interested......

Thanks for making my point.

7 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

FANTASY BOOKING MODE ENGAGE

Because everyone in the 205 live division struck Enzo and violated the no touch clause, nobody can challenge Enzo for the title.  But this cuts both ways.  If no one can challenge Enzo, Enzo cannot defend.  Whoever has on-screen GM authority over 205 live cuts a promo on Enzo pointing this out, and explaining how Enzo has outsmarted himself, and if he can't find a willing and eligible challenger within 30 days he'll be stripped of the title and there will be a tournament to crown a new champion (optional leverage of declaring Enzo ineligible for the tournament).

So now you have a reverse polarity of the classic "ducking the challenger" angle where Enzo has to try and bait someone to accept an exemption to the no touch clause.  Several weeks of solidarity from the 205 live roster ensues as they all refuse to accept a match (and strike him to re-affirm their ineligibility), knowing that they can all have an equal chance once Enzo is stripped and a tournament is declared.

Enzo ups the ante with special stipulations/gimmick matches increasingly slanted against him before somebody finally accepts.

[I haven't watched in a while, do they still trot out the 30 day clause when they want to/when Brock isn't involved?]