DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Worth Zero Dimes - 9/25/2017

Dolfan in NYC

18 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

I find Booker terrible. Another guy who only puts himself over and his contributions are only detrimental and or negative to the guys on screen.

I do like how he and Cole love The Drifter which annoys Graves to no end.

I'm hoping Neville will come out one week to answer the US Title Open Challenge eventually to put him over on SDL. 

But with Neville now seemingly gone and Enzo carrying the 205 Live brand, it's going to crash and burn even faster than it has been. I don't know what they could do at this point to turn it around, but an Enzo vs The World story isn't it. 

I enjoyed the Mickie/Alexa segment too. Mickie has always been underrated on the mic. Her Smackdown promo with Maria, opposite LayCool, was the one Saving Grace from that horrible Piggy James storyline. That and her pinning Michelle in like 5 seconds. The last time she and Alexa wrestled, it wasn't that good though. But I'm willing to give them a second chance with this storyline since I like both and see the potential. Plus, this has been brewing since they were both on Smackdown. 

I liked the women's tag too. I'm assuming we are finally going to get that turn soon.

17 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yeah, god forbid they put an act on 205 Live that the crowd actually gives a shit about.

I think basing 205 Live around heel Enzo isn't going to make anyone tune in who doesn't already watch, but it might well drive away those who do. Enzo is a channel changer of s character

23 minutes ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

I think basing 205 Live around heel Enzo isn't going to make anyone tune in who doesn't already watch, but it might well drive away those who do. Enzo is a channel changer of s character

From what I've read his segments usually draw the highest quarter hours during the show. That's why he and Cass got so much tv time for their feud. Don't know if that'll translate to 205 Live though.

24 minutes ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

I think it's worth noting that while you may not like Enzo (and I don't either), he is literally the opposite of a channel changer - his push has been the result of the ratings going up during segments involving him and Cass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

I find Booker terrible. Another guy who only puts himself over and his contributions are only detrimental and or negative to the guys on screen.

I think the people who give Booker credit for being a good heel commentator are giving him too much credit.  He seemed completely oblivious at times last night.  I enjoy some of his wacky one-liners, but he strikes me as being unprepared, and has a tendency to either talk over stuff or simply bury talent with his one-liners.

• Like 1

Re: Enzo and ratings

Meltzer mentioned on the radio show this morning that moving him to 205 Live (and the cruiserweight segments on RAW) has meant no difference in the ratings outside the first week he showed up on 205 Live.

Dave also said that for now the WWE only cares about subscriber numbers and everything else is secondary (ratings, house show draws, etc...)

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Dave also said that for now the WWE only cares about subscriber numbers and everything else is secondary (ratings, house show draws, etc...)

Sorta makes sense in the new age a la carte television and streaming services.. 

Ticket sales for shows is one time only revenue and that is offset by the costs of a marketing campaign and other factors (including papering the venue) and television ratings do not translate immediately to cash.

Subscriber numbers is steady revenue that you can count on if you maintain or increase the number of people that pay to receive content.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Yeah, god forbid they put an act on 205 Live that the crowd actually gives a shit about.

Seeing how he came out and powerslammed Enzo after the show went off the air, I think WWE wants us to all to interpret that as Braun being part of the 205Live now. 

I mean, I wouldn't put it past Vince to do that now that he's murdered Braun's aura...

9 hours ago, caley said:

Lastly, I think Booker T is the best heel color commentator they've had in years.  Graves is too flip-floppy for my liking, going to bat for some heels (Like Bliss), then going overdrive to praise the faces that it's clear Vince has instructed him to praise (Jordan, Reigns etc.) often at the expense of people he generally praises (Like Miz tonight). 

The thing with Graves is he's consistent. He's always praised Jordan due to his personal friendship with him (has he mentioned it on WWE TV or was that just on NXT TV?). Reigns is the type of character Graves would like. The two people who annoy him the most (Elias and Enzo) get the brunt of Graves ire due to the fact that they are loud and obnoxious. Reigns just goes out there, says what he needs to say and then beats the hell out of someone. There's a clear line with Graves (the only exception being his love for Eva Marie when she embodied most of the traits that he does not like about other wrestlers).  

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Mike - why do you hate kayfabe? why?

Okay - kayfabe, Titus is more experienced and is bigger and stronger, which is not a good matchup for someone like Elias.  

And don't hate on my dive.  It went as planned, which is more than Titus can say for half the shit he tries. :)

• Like 1

For a guy they supposedly don't like, they sure do give Enzo a lot of TV time, merch, and now a title. Sure, he takes a beating every time he's on camera, but at least he's on camera, right? And sure that new shirt is trash, but at least he has shirts, right? I don't know what the company thinks of him anymore.

As for him as champ, I could see him weaseling out of matches and running his mouth for a while since that plays to his strengths. Plus it gives the other cruisers something to really aim for since anyone who challenges him could probably take the title (they wanted to challenge for the belt before but then they had to fight Neville which is much more intimidating). I'm not saying it's going to work, but it could. Especially if Enzo starts hiring goons.

12 hours ago, Hagan said:

WWE going full SNME and having nothing acually happen in the last 1/3 of the show is so bonkers. 

It's almost like they're begging USA to drop the third hour. "Look we don't give a shit about it, and neither should you".