DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Worth Zero Dimes - 9/25/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Well... at least Enzo is actually a heel now.  

I enjoyed seeing Neville beat him to within an inch of his life. And with that waiver clause, this would be an ingenious way to move Neville back up to the main heavyweight division. 

I kind of liked Finn as the good-looking do-gooder prom king who thinks he's helping the nerds but has no idea how deep real pain goes and gets woke at the big school rally.

Although it does kind of complicate there whole anti-bullying thing if the kid who stands up for the bullied kid is just gonna get shived by the little freaks anyway.

Although now that we see that the nerd kid underdog grows up to carry a Pepe frog flag at a nazi rally, then that whole anti-bullying thing maybe needs to be rethunk anyways.

ITS ALL CONFLICTED!!!!!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, hammerva said:

As someone brought up on Twitter (from here I think), you might not want to talk about those merchandise checks when you finally turned heel.  I guess we will see how much the fans really did like the scumbag.

• Like 3

Miz did more to get Roman over in that opening segment by being a proper skillful heel than Cena did in that entire month being Mr. 4th wall.

But I resent that we didn't get to see a pissed off Marise driving in with Miz's gear in her robe and slippers while gorging on pop tarts and cold spaghetti-Os

• Like 4

Braun NOT EXCEPTING HAWKINS" COWARDICE was so great.  As soon as he started leaving the ring and I saw the angle he had on Hawkins I was enthralled by the whole process. It was like watching Animal Planet. It's horrifying, but it's a necessary part of nature.

I also love that when you get down to it, the only way to get Braun to leave the ring each week is if someone or some number of people give him enough of a fight that he's tired and satisfied and leaves of his own choice. Is that not the best pure big-man gimmick ever? The man is born with a problem. He can't sleep unless he's properly tired out and if that takes the death of 10 men, then that's what it takes.  It's fucking mythic.  Like every week someone has to step up and sacrifice themselves to appease the Beowulf so that the village can continue to function.

• Like 5

Enzo is the heel here, but everything he said is kinda right. Reviving the cruiserweight division may have seemed like a great idea, but everything after the CWC was horribly executed. Letting Neville run through the division didn't help anybody, but Neville. I'd kill off the division and spread the talent between Raw, SD, and nxt.

Color me surprised the Sasha or Bayley turn didn't happen. 

The Shield reunion is definitely happening.

The Balor/Wyatt feud is never going to end, is it? The only way I wouldn't hate it is if it somehow leads to Balor, Anderson & Gallows vs. the Wyatt Family. Between the main roster and nxt, WWE could put together a really fun trios tournament as a network special.

When WWE sells Enzo merch they don't see a dime of it right? That's why turning him heel makes so much sense right? Seriously this whole thing is the living definition of cutting your nose off to spite your face. Who cares if Enzo is an asshole if he's making you money?

38 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Enzo is the heel here, but everything he said is kinda right. Reviving the cruiserweight division may have seemed like a great idea, but everything after the CWC was horribly executed. Letting Neville run through the division didn't help anybody, but Neville. I'd kill off the division and spread the talent between Raw, SD, and nxt.

Enzo might be the best heel on the roster right now.  Plus he sells merch.  The Cruisers are bombing and having a heel be a Honky Tonk Man might be the only thing to save the division.  

Enzo hits that Internet Troll demo perfect. 

If you hate him, the gimmick is working.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

I also love that when you get down to it, the only way to get Braun to leave the ring each week is if someone or some number of people give him enough of a fight that he's tired and satisfied and leaves of his own choice. Is that not the best pure big-man gimmick ever? The man is born with a problem. He can't sleep unless he's properly tired out and if that takes the death of 10 men, then that's what it takes.  It's fucking mythic.  Like every week someone has to step up and sacrifice themselves to appease the Beowulf so that the village can continue to function.

This should be read out by a scribe every night before Braun comes out.

Also, how is that song for WWE 2K18 so much cooler and better than anything WWE has produced in so long.  That should be the theme to Raw, the theme to WWE.

Lastly, I think Booker T is the best heel color commentator they've had in years.  Graves is too flip-floppy for my liking, going to bat for some heels (Like Bliss), then going overdrive to praise the faces that it's clear Vince has instructed him to praise (Jordan, Reigns etc.) often at the expense of people he generally praises (Like Miz tonight).  Booker's commentary is so raw, so off-the-wall, that it's clear they don't even try to tell him who to push or praise, because he just isn't going to do it.  His rationalization for Goldust's attack on Balor: that it's not the same lockerroom Goldust knew and is battling for his position was so spot-on that it made total sense of a pretty senseless situation (Goldie going from face to heel, randomly back to face for two weeks, then back to heel this week).  Plus - and I know I've talked about it before - but that "MMM" kinda grunt he does is so effective at getting across when something looks and feels like a bad deal, much more than Michael Cole's "Oh my!" ever could.  Plus,  Booker's dogged refusal to reverse his position, no matter what Cole and Graves say, reminds me so much of Ventura or Heenan, like tonight when he said that Jordan and Hardy had never teamed and were at a disadvantage because of it, then Graves and Cole said they had teamed before, and Booker said 6-man matches were different and refused to give in.