DVDVR Message Board

Pitchers & Catchers Report 2/12/18

RIPPA

They can't get rid of the statue; there were articles a month or two ago. It was part of getting the $$$ for the stadium, as apparently public buildings in Florida(or maybe it was just Miami) had to have "art" as part of the building. That montrosity is the art, so it stays. . . As for Jeter, the track record for superstars being in control of teams is not great. . . .

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

They can't get rid of the statue; there were articles a month or two ago. It was part of getting the $$$ for the stadium, as apparently public buildings in Florida(or maybe it was just Miami) had to have "art" as part of the building. That montrosity is the art, so it stays. . . As for Jeter, the track record for superstars being in control of teams is not great. . . .

They couldn't, you know, replace it with a piece of art/statue that isn't a crass monstrosity?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

That costs money.   A lot of money.  Jeter is already cutting budget left and right, so it stays. 

This really isn't going to end well is it?

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Tigers are interviewing Fredi Gonzalez because clearly they hate winning

The years since we got whacked by the Giants haven't already shown that? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sabremike said:

This really isn't going to end well is it?

At most, I think Stanton will last one more year in Miami. The Marlins will also get a nice return on Marcel Ozuna, Christian Yelich, and Justin Bour.

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Joba Chamberlain has officially retired.  He last pitched in 2016.

s-l225.jpg

Never forget. 

It is exactly 10 year anniversary of the bug game - and yes the Yanks are playing in Cleveland again tonight.

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'll personally go pick Girardi up in the Bronx and drive him to Philly.

“Next thing you know, you’ll be driving him to the airport.” 

“I’m not driving him to the airport!”

• Like 2