DVDVR Message Board

Pitchers & Catchers Report 2/12/18

RIPPA

On 1/31/2018 at 4:22 PM, Craig H said:

Eric Hosmer's agent is pushing for him to be signed for SEVEN YEARS. Fucking dumb. And agents wonder why the stove is cold.

EDIT: Sorry. MORE than seven years.

Hosmer’s agent is Scott Boras

Nothing about this is surprising

Love him, hate him, like him, loathe him or want him dipped in a vat of acid, he's a hell of agent. You have to give him that. He gets guys bizarrely one-sided deals from desperate teams and others that should know better.

Ugh.  So one final fart in the room that Jeffrey Loria left for Miami.  

One of the poison pills the city of Miami put in for the new stadium was that they got a cut of any profits from a sale that occured within the first 10 years of the stadium's existence.  

Thanks to the city of Miami being galactically stupid and Loria having a decently smart accountant, Loria has claimed he sold the team at a loss. So, the city will see $0 from the sale

tumblr_na3h8l9sf11tcdo95o1_400.gif

Oh yeah - I enjoyed that story a lot last week.

I didn't post it because I was like "Fuck - will I have the time to review a BattleBowl when Dolfan gets pissed at me again"

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

The only thing Jeter is good for is The Player's Tribune, which has been an unmitigated success both business and more importantly content-wise.

As long as folks understand the prism through which it's produced.

3 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Wait, what? I knew he had, what, a deal with the Rangers a few years ago, so what point does this serve?

Basically he wanted to "play" for the Yankees so the Yanks got a rights and will let him play a little bit

Per Trade Rumors

The Yankees and Rangers have worked out a deal that will deliver the baseball rights to Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson from Texas to New York, as ESPN.com’s Jerry Crasnick reports. Unknown future considerations will make up the return.

As Crasnick explains, nobody involved expects Wilson ever to factor on the diamond. While he once had a bright outlook in the sport, suiting up in the minors with the Rockies after being selected in the fourth round of the 2010 draft, he has no intentions of splitting his attention as he prepares for his seventh season under center for the Seahawks.

Rather, per Crasnick, the arrangement is designed to accommodate Wilson’s desire to “play” for the Yankees. After two years of participating in Spring Training with the Rangers, he’ll evidently do so in 2018 with his new organization. Wilson thanked the Texas organization for “the chance to experience professional baseball again,” adding that “baseball remains a huge part of where I came from and who I am today.”

Darvish has escalators in his deal that can raise it up to $150 million if reached.

He also has an opt out after 2 or 3 years (there are conflicting reports on that)

For what it's worth, I love it to death.

Yu to me was easily the best pitcher on the market going forward. He turns an iffy Quintana-Hendricks-Lester-Chatwood-Montgomery rotation to a MUCH better rotation taking Monty out and putting in Darvish. Makes our bullpen better as well. And that AV isn't bad at all.

• Like 1