DVDVR Message Board

Pitchers & Catchers Report 2/12/18

RIPPA

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And clearly the Phillies think the NL East is there for the taking by 2019 as they also signed Carlos Santana

3 years, $60 million

That's quite a lot for an aging guitar player...

Thanks, I'll show myself out...

Yankees and Pirates are reportedly discussing a trade for the Yanks to acquire Gerrit Cole. Pirates are asking for Gleybar Torres in return which the Yanks are not too happy about. They're trying to push a package of Clint Frazier and another prospect instead of Torres. 

Here's a *SHOCKING* development: 

J.T. Realmuto, the very talented, young, and cheap catcher for the Marlins has demanded a trade out.

Christian Yelich, the only thing they have left that's remotely marketable, is meeting with management today and unless "significant issues are addressed", he's probably asking out too. 

I'm very glad KotR '00 sucks so much. 

Regarding Harper, if he doesn't stay with the Nationals, then I think he winds up going to play with Bryant in Chicago. Chicago will have the money to pull it off. It goes against Theo's strategy to purchase pitching and to develop hitting, but it's going to be hard passing up on Harper.

Was that the piece of shit Jesse Rogers wrote? I think it was. I think it was exactly as you said - clickbait. It's been such a slow and uneventful offseason for the Cubs that I think he was looking for page views.

5 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Like, I would love Machado in a Cubs uniform... if he has a contracted signed to go with the trade. The Cubs infield is not the area they need to focus on. Rizzo-Baez-Russell-Bryant is a silly good cost controlled infield. Rework your outfield, get a backup catcher, get your last SP, work on the bullpen, etc.

I mean, pretty much this. The infield will remain a black hole for most of the season. It's why I'm hesitant to signing Yu. Another ground ball pitcher would be preferable, but that doesn't exist and Yu is becoming the last person at the bar to go home with.

36 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

What did you think of the clickbait article on ESPN bringing up the idea of a Russell for Machado trade?

That isn't a comical as the Boston Globe via Yahoo story where the Yanks are going to trade Stanton to the Dodgers after the season and then sign Harper