DVDVR Message Board

Pitchers & Catchers Report 2/12/18

RIPPA

55 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So much for using him as one of my keepers....

Offense wasn't the Ms problem last year. Plus he's likely gonna lead off and have Segura, Cano and Cruz hitting behind him. 

Buster Olney was either having a stroke this morning or was convinced the Yankees were trying to land Giancarlo Stanton.   The deal would essentially be a boatload of prospects and Jacoby Ellsbury...who the Marlins would instantly waive, making him a FA. 

Apparently, Stanton has said he'd waive No Trade for: the Dodgers, Yankees, Cubs, and Astros.  You'll note that the Giants and Cardinals are not on this list.   

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Buster Olney was either having a stroke this morning or was convinced the Yankees were trying to land Giancarlo Stanton.   The deal would essentially be a boatload of prospects and Jacoby Ellsbury...who the Marlins would instantly waive, making him a FA. 

Apparently, Stanton has said he'd waive No Trade for: the Dodgers, Yankees, Cubs, and Astros.  You'll note that the Giants and Cardinals are not on this list.   

You will not make me misplace my pants this morning

It is way too cold for that

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It's cool. I'm sure Mariners fans long ago became numb to the disappointment.  

7EZIoAM.gif 

WTF is going on in that GIF is what I wanna know.

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

The Angels still won't be better than a Wild Card team, if that.

Which is likely exactly the reason he landed there. They have nothing to lose by letting him try to play both ways. And what, he's going to be a worse hitter taking advice from Trout and Pujols?

8 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Is an NHL team a consolation prize? What about possibly the return of the Sonics?

Yeah that news has definitely softened the blow for sports fans around here.