DVDVR Message Board

Pitchers & Catchers Report 2/12/18

RIPPA

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Although, it would be fascinating to see who didn't vote for a probable HOF player a month after his death.

Does George King still have a vote? 

You just know some horrible person(s) would do it to draw attention to themselves. Never underestimate the awfulness of some baseball writers.

Directling from BBWAA (which I forgot until Ed reminded me)

D. In case of the death of an active player or a player who has been retired for less than five (5) full years, a candidate who is otherwise eligible shall be eligible in the next regular election held at least six (6) months after the date of death or after the end of the five (5) year period, whichever occurs first.

https://baseballhall.org/hall-of-famers/bbwaa-rules-for-election

So they changed the rules

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Speaking of horrible ...

I think I speak for everyone here when I say I hope this creep drowns in a puddle of AIDS.

Also it would be a real shame if people sent NBCB calls and emails demanding that their simulcast of his show be shitcanned.

• Like 2

Finally some news has started to come out regarding the Yanks managerial search

The only person who has definitely been interviewed has been bench coach Rob Thomson

Potential Candidates (from various reports): Aaron Boone, Jerry Hairston Jr, David Cone and John Flaherty (those two both apparently have expressed interest in the job who the fuck knows if they will be interviewed)

On 11/10/2017 at 6:56 AM, RIPPA said:

Finally some news has started to come out regarding the Yanks managerial search

The only person who has definitely been interviewed has been bench coach Rob Thomson

Potential Candidates (from various reports): Aaron Boone, Jerry Hairston Jr, David Cone and John Flaherty (those two both apparently have expressed interest in the job who the fuck knows if they will be interviewed)