DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] SEPTEMBER 20 2017 TV SHOW

RIPPA

Black does little for me, but I dug the confrontation with Dream.

Mustache Mountain vs. Undisputed was good fun. As was the attack by Sanity afterwards. Never seen Cole before NXT, but I like him already for his reaction to Sanity popping up behind them.

-It was cool to see Evans and Belair have a solid match against one another, showing they're capable without more experienced wrestlers guiding them. Really don't like Belair's finish, though. The most novel part of her offense is the hair whip; maybe she could use it somehow? I know they shy away from strangling, but it seems there are all sorts of innovative ways you could incorporate it into a submission, DDT, etc.

-Really stoked for Black and Dream to feud. Sure, it basically starts with dueling nonsense promos, but they're both charismatic enough to make it work. It was kinda funny, though: Black took his jacket off and rolled up his sleeves before he started talking, like he expected a fight... almost like he's watched a wrestling show before, and knows how in-ring talky segments tend to go.

• Like 1

Black's promo did nothing for me. It's a slower-paced version of every "indie guy comes into NXT" promo. Why is this dude whose into packages have elaborate church-like candle ceremonies and came out to a live death metal band wearing Men's Warehouse? All he said was something about his journey and whatever. I want something a lot different from that guy than Drew Cassidy's promos line-by-line but done on Tylenol PM.

Dream's promo tho... that was something else. He had a second or two when he was trying to keep his lines in order, but it was still awesome. He went from being David Chapelle Prince to a gender bending Raven. I loved how he wasn't shaken from Black's kick. And then he upped it -- Black does his sit-down pose as a headgame, but Dream got in his personal space like he was about to kiss him before slithering out. 

Really great stuff. Patrick Clarke's 22 and already doing this stuff. If he can work in the ring, he's going to be a huge star.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...