DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, PFL, RIZIN, Glory, and LFA Thread (With 100% More Cages Suspended From Above Like Wrestling Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

20 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I desperately want the Crush Gals vs. Gabi & Cyborg!

Given that the UFC has given permission to people to do wrestling related stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if doing pro wrestling (or boxing) was permitted in her new deal Cyborg just signed. If WWE had gotten to her first, Ronda vs. Cyborg in some funky PWG angle would probably be possible. The Four Horsewomen against Cyborg, Claressa Shields, Gabi, and Marion Reneau would be the hottest angle in Southern California since the heyday of wrestling at the Olympic Auditorium. Hopefully, someone can get to Claressa in time to tell her how to work a punch because that would be an automatic attempted homicide charge if she accidentally potatoed one of those girls. If they thought Amanda Nunes and Amanda Bell hit hard... OH BOY.

Apparently Gabi was confronted by some guy who questioned her about cutting in line when she was getting her lab work done for the fight and he questioned her for fighting grandma's in Japan before he leg kicked her and drove off... Bizarre.

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Apparently Gabi was confronted by some guy who questioned her about cutting in line when she was getting her lab work done for the fight and he questioned her for fighting grandma's in Japan before he leg kicked her and drove off... Bizarre.

Oyaji might want to turn himself in to the local LE.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

InVicta FC 26 was another very good show with the last 3 fights being the best of the night. You can see why everyone sees a Huge upside in Dern and Maia was able to win even with getting rocked twice in the fight. 

I think Dern may be one or two fights away from being UFC ready. Her ground game is obviously already there. She's gaining more confidence in her striking, which is important. Didn't get a chance to see Virna's submission win, but I can't imagine she would be far behind either.

Dern has surprisingly really good striking relative to her experience and for her background. Unlike many BJJ players, she throws with real intent to harm and not just for points or setting up clinches. She could be a huuuuuge star in time.

Watching Rico vs. Ben Saddik and I seriously have no fucking idea how Rico didn't go down from some of the shots Jamal landed on him in the first, much less basically take over the fight starting in the second. That fifth round KO was legendary. I think I'm going to start watching more kickboxing and dig into some of the old K1 classics. This shit is so good.

I gotta catch up on Glory. I spent the afternoon watching the DeGale vs. Truax Showtime Youtube stream and by the time that was over, the UFC card was about to begin so I only caught a GIF of the main event finish.

Four more fights have been announced for the upcoming RIZIN events at the end of the month:

December 29:
Shizuka Sugiyama (15-4-1) vs. Kana Watanabe (1-0)
Hiroyuki Takaya (22-14-2) vs. Baataryn Azjavkhlan (2-2)
Satoru Kitaoka (40-15-9) vs. Strasser Kiichi (18-7-2, 1 NC)

December 31:
RIZIN Kickboxing GP: Tenshin Nasukawa vs. Yuta "Cat" Hamamoto

11 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Takaya should be able to KO him.

The best guy he's fought is Takafumi Otsuka and he lost.

I know the point is to get Takaya a win since he is on a losing streak and to set him up for someone else who would benefit from having Takaya on their resume as a win, but he is one of those guys even past his prime that you would like to see matched against another decent fighter to make a good scrap. I'm surprised they just didn't do this on a previous show and then put him against the person who they want to win at NYE because Takaya hasn't fought for Rizin since the first show two years ago.

Agreed, but I honestly can't think of a hot local prospect  at 145 right now.

Also the official poster for the events is fantastic.

I'm surprised they haven't gone after Hioki or Kanehara. One would think they would be locks if they ever decide to make a FW GP at some point.

DQzhyAXVoAAwwos.jpg

On 12/12/2017 at 11:23 PM, Oyaji said:

Whut da hale?

Was going to say don't ask, but since you did...

The poster was done by some famous Japanese artist who I have no idea is.

Also...

God damn it, I had no idea that Fight Pass uploaded so many Shooto shows from the early 2000s. They also have a tonne of K1 other than the MAX stuff. I just watched like 5 Wanderlei fights from IVC in about 12 minutes lol. It seems like they also added a buttload of Pancrase from the late '90s and early '00s. I watched Bas put the hurt on some Japanese dude in '98. I had no idea he was still doing Pancrase at that point. Also watched Minoru Suzuki get slapped into a bloody mess by Pride alumnus Kazuo Takahashi. FEAR MINORU SUZUKI (lol).

I would be even happier if they bought the Sengoku WVR library. There were some fucking wild fights going on there, including but not limited to the incredible Jorge Santiago/Kazuo Misaki series.

Anyway, I remember the last time I checked for this kind of stuff, Fight Pass' library was not nearly this deep. It's really impressive!

I cancelled my Fight Pass subscription some months ago as I didn't really use it. The live streams they have aren't particularly events I look forward to and the UFC prelims they air aren't either.

Considering they purchased some of the K-1 library, they should upload the HERO'S stuff. There was a ton of great fights there featuring KID, JZ squashing Japanese FW's, Tokoro, Saku, Sexyama and Caol Uno.

23 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

God damn it, I had no idea that Fight Pass uploaded so many Shooto shows from the early 2000s. They also have a tonne of K1 other than the MAX stuff. I just watched like 5 Wanderlei fights from IVC in about 12 minutes lol. It seems like they also added a buttload of Pancrase from the late '90s and early '00s. I watched Bas put the hurt on some Japanese dude in '98. I had no idea he was still doing Pancrase at that point. Also watched Minoru Suzuki get slapped into a bloody mess by Pride alumnus Kazuo Takahashi. FEAR MINORU SUZUKI (lol).

I would be even happier if they bought the Sengoku WVR library. There were some fucking wild fights going on there, including but not limited to the incredible Jorge Santiago/Kazuo Misaki series.

Anyway, I remember the last time I checked for this kind of stuff, Fight Pass' library was not nearly this deep. It's really impressive!

Kinda off topic thing but I hadn't done this in awhile.

When I was searching up some KOTC stuff on Google as far as confirming some results, I came across the random KOTC stuff on Fight Pass. Then, I started to check from Google if the HDNet era KOTC stuff was on there and I ended going on this long ass internet trip resulting in me on the KOTC website to the event page of a show from 2010. I saw this gem:

Bout #7 (Professional)
Tyler Dillishaw VS Czar Sklavos
Winner: Tyler Dillishaw via Unanimous Decision after three, 5:00 rounds

Did Terry Trebilcock type these results himself, did they go off the NSAC bout sheet order, or did someone try to go and do this from memory? I know it was his pro debut, but goddamn.