DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, PFL, RIZIN, Glory, and LFA Thread (With 100% More Cages Suspended From Above Like Wrestling Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

• 2 weeks later...

Outside of Mike Kyle vs. Caio Alencar, the PFL show was pretty fun. The knockout Popo Bezerra had was just disgusting. Sean O'Connell got uttlerly dismantled by one time Pride vet Bozigit Ataev. The main event of Smealinho Rama vs. Jamie Abdallah was fun if somewhat sloppy. Also the undercard featured this:

• Like 1

Real fun show with solid fights up and down the card. Thought all the winners looked great... Kay Hansen, Miranda, Mallory, Pearl, Spangler, I'm a fan of them all and they were each impressive as was Lindsay VanZandt escaping close call submissions even in defeat. Invicta 32 is already looking stacked, looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Tiiiiimbeeeeer. Troy Jones won the 4-man welterweight qualification tournament with that dope KO because both the other first round winner and the reserve fighter couldn't fight due to injury/damage from their first fights. 

Alex Pereira also successfully defended his middleweight belt on the card. Rico is back in two weeks, defending against Guto Inocente. There was some thought we'd finally get the Badr Hari rematch in September but that'll almost assuredly come in December unless something unexpected happens like injury or Inocente getting an upset win. 

• Like 1

Holy shit, Bob Sapp and Mirko Filipovic will both be on the September 30th Rizin show. Gassed up Mirko has been fun in Rizin so far but I can't believe they're going to trot out Sapp. Miyuu will be fighting too, so that will be emotional. Will definitely watch that one. 

• Like 1

AJ is really rough around the edges and it's only a matter of time somebody either catches him jumping in with a counter or blips him with an uppercut (his chin is way up on a platter), but this is some maximum stanky legg and I appreciate that.

• Like 1

I think Bellator is a good place for him to grow because there isn't one person that much better than him. He can afford a loss since I don't think people expect him to blow through everyone. Some people need that zero in the loss column to mean something. 

Bellator 205 was a great night of fights! 

Freire vs. Huerta was a good fight while it lasted. Kielholtz vs. Veta was a good fight and a big win for the hometown girl. 

Lovato Jr's fight was a chess game on the ground. McKee's KO was NASTY and should get a title shot in the future. 

Forgot to mention it but LFA 50 was pretty damn good with a lot of solid finishes (two subs, two KO, one TKO, two unanimous decisions). One of the knockouts was a gnarly flying knee. They also had a sick highlight reel from the previous 49 events. 

Why it is I want to go out drinking with their announcer is strange. He has a James Mitchell-like glint in his eye that just tells me that would be fun.

Just now, Oyaji said:

Goodness gracious that was a lot of damage Higo took there. Pico is living up to the hype after recovering from that debut loss. 

He still needs to be moved up carefully. Let him decimate Joe Warren.

4 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Goodness gracious that was a lot of damage Higo took there. Pico is living up to the hype after recovering from that debut loss. Kind of love the awkward intense interviews too. 

Referee should have stepped in sooner. Late stoppage.

Too bad it's a jabronie Gracie in this tournament rather than KRON, whom still hasn't fought since that incredibly impressive win over Kawajiri at Rizin's 2016 NYE show. 

This fight should be good barring Lima having another knee injury. That first fight was a disaster.