DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, PFL, RIZIN, Glory, and LFA Thread (With 100% More Cages Suspended From Above Like Wrestling Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

I just got a notification on Facebook they are running a King of Catch Wrestling event in Orlando in January and I'm stoked. Not familiar with most of the names, but Victor Henry who fought in Pancrase a little while ago will be there in a 4 man grand prix. He's trained under Josh Barnett and Erik Paulson. I'm definitely going to this.

Soldic/du Plessis II was so different from the first fight. Soldic came with a much more measured approach and this control allowed him to pick apart du Plessis over two rounds and he was actually countering this time too. Complete and dominating performance. I'm down for a third.

Has it got a UK telly air time announced? I haven't seen anything.

EDIT: OK, now I have. There's Bellator (with no details) listed on 5Spike, Saturday 20th, 11pm-2am. So that's probably the Mitrione vs Bader show, on the 12th. Presumably the Saturday show from the 13th will be on a two week delay. Unless the 20th is the replay of the last show, with the main event actually included this time. Who knows?

Edited by AxB
Further info, innit
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 7:39 PM, AxB said:

Has it got a UK telly air time announced? I haven't seen anything.

EDIT: OK, now I have. There's Bellator (with no details) listed on 5Spike, Saturday 20th, 11pm-2am. So that's probably the Mitrione vs Bader show, on the 12th. Presumably the Saturday show from the 13th will be on a two week delay. Unless the 20th is the replay of the last show, with the main event actually included this time. Who knows?

Cheers!

That was awesome and probably the moment of the night.  It was a good time again at Bellator.  The heavyweight bouts weren't great but they had a good atmosphere.  It was a big USA vs. Russia crowd which made it entertaining lol 

Lots of drunk dudes challenging people to fights in my section.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That was awesome and probably the moment of the night.  It was a good time again at Bellator.  The heavyweight bouts weren't great but they had a good atmosphere.  It was a big USA vs. Russia crowd which made it entertaining lol 

Lots of drunk dudes challenging people to fights in my section.  

Glad you had a good time minus the drunkards around your seats.

• Like 1

Does 50 Cent actually part-own Bellator now? Because apparently he's offered Khabib $2 million to sign for them. On his twitter, which I can't be arsed to check. I couldn't figure out how Fifty was giving a Million bucks to the winner of the Middleweight tournament when he was bankrupt a year ago, but apparently it was one of those 'clear my debts and I'll keep my money' celebrity bankruptcies.

39 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

That main event was wild and fun. Fedor smoked chael a good many times in the back of the head. 

Turned out to be a better fight than expected. I thought Sonnen was done with the punch Fedor threw as the fight began.

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Shoutout to Chael Sonnen trying to do Cattle Mutilation in a real fight. He botched it bad but still...

Add that to the spinning shit Sonnen went for in his second fight against Silva. Cost him there as well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Shoutout to Chael Sonnen trying to do Cattle Mutilation in a real fight. He botched it bad but still...

Chael Sonnen has to be the worst combination of great wrestler and terrible grappler in the history of the sport.  His entire style is based on getting his opponent on the ground, but he has no idea what to do once he gets there.  

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

My thought exactly, that was hilarious. I hope this means we'll be seeing it countered the same way in Bryan's next match, like Sonnen/Silva below

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

Add that to the spinning shit Sonnen went for in his second fight against Silva. Cost him there as well.

U6xbzOU.gif

• Like 1

The only MMA guy that had good success with a spinning back-fist was Genki Sudo and he was so much faster than Chael it's ridiculous to compare them.