DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, PFL, RIZIN, Glory, and LFA Thread (With 100% More Cages Suspended From Above Like Wrestling Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

Just getting started on Rizin 13 and holy shit Manel Kape's choke in the opener was nasty. Nakamura didn't tap and then Kape released and Nakamura is bleeding, unconscious, and eyes wide open with his head propped up on the bottom rope. 

Horiguchi vs. Tenshin was easily the biggest fight they could put on and it drew a claimed 27000+ compared to the usual 17000 they do in Saitama. 

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

Oh, Channel 5. Rory is about to step into the cage and Channel 5 has left coverage for Access and kids programming at 6am. Not making this up.

I was TiVo'ing it. Recording cut off at 5am because it was scheduled as a 2 hour show. So hopefully Rampage vs Wanderlei is included in the replay.

Odd, isn't it, that there would suddenly be issues between Bellator and channel 5 right when BT sport canned UFC and were in the market for another MMA promotion. And when Bellator just signed a bunch of UK fighters.

• Like 1

I keep reading DAZN as "day's in", not "da Zone".

Channel 5 has a history of this, you know. Remember the longest NFL Monday night game ever, Dolphins vs Jets? That aired live on channel 5. Well, most of it did. The finish was pre-empted by News at 7am.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Greg Hardy knocked a guy out with repeated hammer fists off of a stuffed takedown.

He probably needs to be in LFA at this point. With Hardy being at ATT, it probably makes more than enough sense to be in Titan FC but they have shows sporadically. 

6 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I love all of that. Can't wait for all the good shit this weekend + Canadian Thanksgiving.

I forgot KSW was this weekend with the rematch of Roberto Soldic and Dricus Du Plessis.

Fuck, I had totally lost track of KSW and those are probably their best two fighters outside of Khalidov, right? I watched some of Du Plessis' EFC fights too and he's just so physical. He looks huge at welterweight. But it was Soldic who struggled to make weight last time. Let us not forget Popek Monster and his unlimited gas tank will be making an appearance too. It's still unreal to me that KSW has way better hype videos and presentation than the UFC.

Even more good shit. I am okay with this.

Polaris vs. 10th Planet on this Quintet had all of the submissions and featured really great offensive BJJ. So entertaining, especially compared to the first semi-final. I'm way behind but Craig Jones is still a grappling god and I hope we get to see Craig vs. Ryan.

Miesha Tate is very good on commentary too.

It's a good thing he hit that punch because the Doctor probably would have stopped the fight after the 1st round because Copeland had a nasty cut above his eyebrow. 

PFL 8 was good with the Semi Finals fights being the highlights. Hopefully Copeland and Siler will be cleared for the Finals. 

Most likely it'll be on 5Spike on the Saturday, so a 19 hour tape delay. And then the next day's show will be on the next Saturday, a 163 hour delay. That's how they did the last double header. Not ideal, not HD, but we get to see it.