DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Is Asian Race Relations - 9/19/2017

Dolfan in NYC

I do not care for Serious Shane. ("I condemn you to hell."  GTFO you fucking cornball.) 

Nor do I care for no Bobby Heenan tribute.

Nor do I care for 'Chop Socky' Jinder Mahal.  

My opinion of tonight's show:

S8rVo3b.gif

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Russev is #1 though, and that's nothing to scoff at.

If the Shane/Owens HIAC match is nothing other than a rehash of Shane/Kurt then it's going to be shit.

I started to wonder....is Owens giving beatings to all the McMahon's going to lead to a HHH/Owens match?

I don't think I can cover all the bullshit in the show.  I'll focus on two things.   Jinder Mahal.  Yes,  it's a flop at this point no defending the title reign.  But this promo,  not going to blame him.  This is either Vince or Road Dogg or both.  No excuses.  No 1980s excuses of "it was a different time" and all that shit.   "ROOK".   Really?  In 2017?  And Mr. Miyagi references?  Really? This is the fucking best you dumb motherfuckers can do?  to get heat? Fuck.  

Then there's Dolph Ziggler.  Fucking Dolph Ziggler. Why?  Also, who the fuck cares about DX acting like teenagers when they were old?  It was ELEVEN YEARS AGO.  If he came out in 2006 and said it, fine.  But who the fuck cares about any of this shit?  And it wasted like 15 minutes too.  No Roode, no time for Fashion Police,  women have to rush the main event,  no time for AJ to have a good match....  no this needed to take up 15 fucking minutes. 

• Like 1

Yeah, this show sucked. I also don't care for KO apologizing. "Gee, KO came off looking like a psychopath. I know, let's have him apologize next week." 

If Vince isn't writing Jinder's material, whomever is needs to be fucking fired ASAP.  When racial "humor" is the only way to get Jinder heat, it's time to pull the plug. 

I'm glad the Yankees are playing important games and Leah Remini's show against Scientology is also on tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yeah, this show sucked. I also don't care for KO apologizing. "Gee, KO came off looking like a psychopath. I know, let's have him apologize next week." 

If Vince isn't writing Jinder's material, whomever is needs to fucking fired ASAP.  When racial "humor" is the only way to get Jinder heat, it's time to pull the plug. 

I'm glad the Yankees are playing important games and Leah Remini's show against Scientology is also on tonight.

Ken Burns Vietnam has been excellent also. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

I had the show on mute while eating sashimi and playing guitar. What the fuck was that Jinder segment about? My DVR didn't record for some reason and even so, I still wouldn't have watched it. It looked horrible. 

Blatantly racist McMahon style humor

6 minutes ago, Morganti said:

I was there live.  Opening dark match was Bobby Roode vs Mike Kanelis with no Maria

Closing dark match was AJ and Shinske vs Corbin  and Jinder

We're all so sorry you had to sit through the main show.

• Like 3

So on the one hand I get the idea that Jinder is a hypocrite for complaining about jingoistic Americans booing him and then he turns around and makes racist remarks about Nakamura. And I understand he's a heel, and I understand the history of racist gimmicks in pro wrestling. 

On the other hand, as an Asian dude in America I have to deal with low key racism on an almost daily basis and sometimes I just want to drink a beer and watch some grappling and not think about that stuff and I'm really sick of this shit showing up in my wresting when I just want to chill out after work. So fuck this company.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Shane's promo was lacking. I skipped Jinder's promo since last week's already sucked.

Hype Bros. vs. New Day was decent. Hope whatever change is coming is something worthwhile for the Hype Bros.

Owens sounding psychotic was fine.

The Baron/AJ/Dillinger stuff was decent.

Women's fatal 4-way was fun.

The lack of Fashion Police is just sad.

You guys still watch this live?!

Man, with a DVR, Smackdown is terrific. Skip Shane McMahon'''s promo, skip Jinder's bad promos, skip Dolph, skip Kevin Owens talking about a match I don't really care about, skip recaps, skip ads for Raw, skip commercials.  It ends up a nice, tidy little 40 minute show.

Though I do really hope that the Hype Bros promo where they said "We have to do something drastic" leads to them coming out with Dolph Ziggler for a NWO entrance which leads to Ryder and Mojo later going "Well that didn't work..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was only watching this show this week to see KO's response to what he did to Vince and of course I ended up missing it because I changed the channel because they had to replay the damn recap video of the beatdown from the start of the show. It amuses me that Shane is supposed to be really good in BJJ and stuff, but he still has the worst punches in the world. Can't he go to the performance center and learn how to throw a worked punch? MMA Shane in the Cell should be funny though. Can't wait to see how Owens is gonna almost kill him.

The Jinder thing was just so terrible. At least have Nakamura come out and beat the shit out of the Sighn brothers. That's always fun to watch. But you know, gotta make Vince laugh over all else.

3 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

So on the one hand I get the idea that Jinder is a hypocrite for complaining about jingoistic Americans booing him and then he turns around and makes racist remarks about Nakamura. And I understand he's a heel, and I understand the history of racist gimmicks in pro wrestling. 

On the other hand, as an Asian dude in America I have to deal with low key racism on an almost daily basis and sometimes I just want to drink a beer and watch some grappling and not think about that stuff and I'm really sick of this shit showing up in my wresting when I just want to chill out after work. So fuck this company.

As a Japanese-Texan I kinda felt I had to give my take on the situation. I was doing okay with Jinder's promo up until the "rook" part. I honestly did a "what did he just say ?" take after that. Was I offended? Not really, because I saw it for what it was - them trying to get heel heat on him. I know it's a character, and I know the person playing it didn't mean it, but I've got to say it was in poor taste and they shouldn't have done it. But am I going to call for a boycott or anything like that? No.

• Like 1