DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK THREE

Dolfan in NYC

BTW let's also give credit to Vontez Birfict for getting suspended for trying to kill someone in a meaningless preseason game. Really helped us out being in street clothes today. 

• Like 1

Whether or not Tate was down depends on whether or not he had full possession when his knee hit the ground. If he did, he was down and the wrong call by the refs took away the very snack chance the Lions would've had left. If he didn't have full possession yet, and only gained it a moment later, touchdown. 

I'm clearly not an unbiased source here. But fuck that rule. Why is it always Detroit disgusting these weird obscure rules?

My last point for now: If he was down, it was with 12 seconds left. If he didn't complete the catch until :08, then he was already in the endzone when the catch was completed, so he wasn't down. When his knee hit because he didn't have possession yet.

In the middle of today's Jets game (when it was clear they were going to win) I went on SeatGeek and got a ticket for $25. Of course now the get in price has gone up to $35 so my prudence saved me $10. Of course this means we are getting a biblical downpour next Sunday.

Eventually (more like HOPEFULLY) The Cleveland Browns are gong to stop dropping passes and their D will show up for a whole game. I mean this a scrappy fuckin team that has gotten so close to wining 2 of their 3 games that eventually it has to click for them... right?

James