DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK THREE

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, elizium said:

They are, but I'll take a bright eyesore over another "Grrrr, we're tough" all black number every time. Looking at you, Celtics "Statement" jerseys.

I agree, you don't have black in your regular colors, not black third uni's. Then again I don't like third uni's in general. . . . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Death From Above said:

The Rams ones, and I get it's yellow and blue not yellow and black, make me think of Simpsons Bumblebee Man for some reason.

I was actually about to post that they look like naked Simpsons characters in these things. I rescinded, but now you brought it up, so I can look like an idiot. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, elizium said:

I like the pants. Those paired with a regular white road jersey would be a perfectly acceptable uniform. My problem with colour rush isn't the colours, its the monochromatic-ness of it.

Pants are fine, and you're right about that pairing. I don't mind the monochrome sets for some teams, but for a majority of them it looks awful. 

The 49ers black color rush alts are the second most obvious hint that the whole color rush idea is a cynical merchandising cash grab by the league.

The most obvious hint is that teams are required to use them in the Thursday Night games (every team gets at least one).

It's like NFL looks at the NBA on Christmas Day and says "hold my beer, kid."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Black Athlete Expresses Opinion, White America Shits Self.

In other news, Sun To Rise In The East tomorrow

Tickets as low as $14 [upper bowl] for tonight's game at Freddie P. Soft Memorial Stadium in Santa Clara, CA

More like shitty media outlets feel the need to create a controversy about something that frankly few people gave two shits about

That game last night was so fucking awesome when you think of the game last week.

My favorite part was getting ultra pissed seeing Hyde come out early, thinking that I just lost a RB I started in 3 different leagues, and then later seeing him score me between 22 to 24 points for each league I'm in. Hyde looks good and he pushed through his boo boo.

And, my goodness, are the Rams...good?

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

And, my goodness, are the Rams...good?

I think starting at OK is the place to be

I mean the offense is better but that should have been expected since that was Sean McVay's specialty 

They beat the Colts and the Niners (and barely beat the Niners at that)

They lost to the Skins who are... average at best

So I would pump the brakes on the "good" talk for now. Dallas and Seattle are their next two games.

Seattle seems winnable.

Dallas doesn't.

Even if we pump the brakes on good, they look better than last year. If nothing else, Goff isn't a turd sandwich and Gurley looks like discount Gurley, but that's still an improvement over whatever he was last season.

Anyone else see the Rams unis and start looking for Norn Van Brocklin or Crazylegs Hirsch out there?

Related question: anyone read "Crazylegs Hirsch" and flash back to @DEAN's "Crazyballs Hirsch" joke?

• Like 3