DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Ask Alex Riley - 9/18/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Nice to hear the return of Vulgar Display of Power from Corey.

I enjoyed the three way tag match. 

Neville/Metalik was fun while it lasted.

I was severely disappointed in the Bobby Heenan tribute. I expected a lot more. The lack of signs in the crowd for Heenan saddened me as well. We would have seen that if the show had been in the NY/NJ/Philly area, and especially Chicago.

The Jason Jordan push just isn't working at all.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Man, bringing Bayley back as a heel sure was a weird decision. What? We're suppose to cheer her and Sasha being a jerk to Alexa for no reason? Okay...

I thought the Bayley to Belly was coming once Bayley hugged Sasha.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I hope the enjoyment and giddiness of seeing Braun destroy Enzo will help overcome the amount of pissed we are going to be when Neville has to lose the title to him this Sunday <_<

I guess it depends on if peoples opinions on the cruiserweight division.

Because if one wants to hasten its demise - putting the title on Enzo is the way to do it

I'

2 hours ago, kafkonia said:

The point is that Alex Riley, like John Cena, is a white guy with a crewcut, and unlike Roman Reigns, he doesn't have a job.

I kinda get what Roman was going for with the A-Ri dig, but you can also take that to mean "I'm not here for my skills.  If I was a white guy with a crew cut, I would be out of a job."

I'm really not sure that pointing out he's getting pushed because he's got a great look and women find him hot is the way to win over the crowd.  Then again, everything about his feud has made Roman look bad by comparison.  Why should last night have been different?

Calling it now: Enzo beats Neville, then gets obliterated by a "real" wrestler the next night on RAW.

Wow. Such a deep cut by Roman to reference Alex Riley, a man who most of the audience probably doesn't even remember now, had to look on their phones for who Roman was talking about, saw a picture of a scraggly haired HHH clone with worse bacne, and then got confused even more when they saw he was an NXT wrestler.

Look, I get that Roman is just reading scripted shit, but it's fucking embarrassing. This company finds new ways to fuck up Roman's career and future every week. I'm sure whoever wrote this stuff thought they were writing these lines with a golden pen. Instead, Roman just looks so fucking fake. An Alex Riley reference in 2017? This motherfucker was either doing nothing, going as SILENT RAGE~!, which sounds like a WWE 2K18 CAW nickname, being a douche on Twitter, complaining about his position, and then he was gone. Unless you're us or a handful of others, no one remembers or cares and even if you did remember Alex Riley, the reference makes zero sense.

If they were going for shock appeal and already gave zero fucks about these promos not making any sort of sense, then Roman may as well have reference CM Punk. That would at least give them the "OOOOOOOOOOOH" response they were hoping for. Instead he threw out a reference that is barely more relevant than mentioning JTG.

I'm pretty sure all these Enzo beatings are going to end up with Cass making the big save for him whenever Cass is healthy. Enzo will come to and realize Cass saved him from a further beating, tears in their eyes, big hug, crowd pops big for it. Enzo & Cass go after the tag titles and their split is retconned out of existence.