DVDVR Message Board

R.I.P., Bobby Heenan

Gonzo

Ugh just got the alert on my phone,  terrible news.  The Brain was the best to ever do it.  I'm sure many of the vids have been posted.  His call of the Rumble in '92,  his promos with Flair, leading up to and following WM 8.  The back and forths between he and Gorilla.  I could watch a nothing match and love it just based on Bobby's commentary alone.  

Obviously an all time great manager too.   Oh and his call on Hogan turning.  He ALWAYS knew Hogan was a scumbag.  Just an amazing talent and seemed like a good dude.  73 is too young still.  

• Like 1

An amazing talent in-ring and out. Bobby Heenan did the most important single thing in wrestling as good as anyone ever has, both as a wrestler and as a manager; he made everyone around him better. When paired with the average, he made them seem excellent, when paired with the excellent, (such as Nick Bockwinkel), magic happened. Thank you , Mr. Heenan and Godspeed.

• Like 7

In a just universe, Bobby would get a nod on the Emmys during the RIP montage... he was that fantastic a TV performer, and it's a shame he never really got his due with the world at large because he was "just" a wrestling manager. RIP.

• Thanks 2

very sad news. definitely the best manager I've ever seen and its not even close. Probably my favorite color commentator as well hell probably my fav wretstling commentator period. Such great wit and timing but always willing to be the butt of the joke such a perfect heel.

• Like 3