DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER 13, 2017 TV SHOW

RIPPA

Ruby Riot/Nikki Cross beat Billie Kay/Peyton Royce

Johnny Gargano beat Riddick Moss

Street Profits beat Ealy Brothers

Pete Dunne beat Wolfgang - WWE UK Title Match

Things of Note

• The Undisputed Era (oof...) beat up Dunne and Wolfgang after the match. Well a little bit Dunne but mostly Wolfgang. Dunne teased making the save but didn't
  • Cross made a quasi-face turn or at least decided to be Riot's mystery partner
  • No Way Jose cut a promo on Lars Anderson
  • Aleister Black will be ON THE STICK~! next week

I say quasi more for the joining late/leaving early aspect of it since I wouldn't say that is a true babyface

I mean Cross has been a face with the crowd for a while and a tweener at best in the booking (especially during her feud with Asuka)

But NXT has a lot of shades of gray

While turning Sanity face as a whole is a questionable move, I don't have the same reservations about moving Cross in that direction.  She seems to be a lot more flexible in that regard than the others.  

Fans were hot for a Pete Dunn save and face turn and I think they did a good job milking that and turning it on its head in order to get him more heat.  I did like how he took the first shot at CFO before Wolfgang made a 'save'.  

No Way Jose being Jimmy Valient is my favorite thing.  God I wish we had managers so we could get him a personal Paul Jones.

• Like 1

Pete Dunne is such a great heel.  The concerned look on his face as he debated going back into the ring, then heroically charging back in... and grabbing his belt before powdering again with a "sorry, not sorry" look on his face was fantastic.

Moustache Mountain vs reDRagon on WWE TV in 2017?  We live in interesting times.

• Like 4

Since the UK show seems to be on hold indefinitely, I'd be keen to see some of those guys become more regular players on NXT. The last few weeks have been a good start. Now let's see if they put Moustache Mountain into the Dusty Classic. Maybe get them across the ring from Burch and Lorcan at some point. *drools*

• Like 6