DVDVR Message Board

HELL IN A CELL 2017 (10/08/17)

RIPPA

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The best part about Austin's heel turn:

The two guys behind Michael Cole cracked me up.

That was so fucking good & also the first time I’ve ever seen this. Holy shit, brought a tear to my eye. This segment reminded me of the Dusty/Dustin “view never changes” promo. The thing about a heel turn or making a long time fan favourite a rulebreaker is that you’ll have fans in attendance & watching at home who are lapsed fans. Ones who preferred the show when they were watching consistently. 

That Austin segment, he came across so hateful & cruel that people who popped for the glass shattering were telling him to stop beating up the JR replacement dweeb who they probably talked shit about beforehand. 

Brilliant piece of business there & reminded me just how damn good Austin was. The problem was that Rock wasn’t around & Taker always makes for a dull main fan favourite. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

I thought it started out as a first name thing of Shane-O and evolved to Shane O'Mac from there

Shane fancies himself an Irish mobster. Next Wrestlemania, House of Pain is going to play him to the ring.

3 hours ago, Lacelle said:

That was so fucking good & also the first time I’ve ever seen this. Holy shit, brought a tear to my eye. This segment reminded me of the Dusty/Dustin “view never changes” promo. The thing about a heel turn or making a long time fan favourite a rulebreaker is that you’ll have fans in attendance & watching at home who are lapsed fans. Ones who preferred the show when they were watching consistently. 

That Austin segment, he came across so hateful & cruel that people who popped for the glass shattering were telling him to stop beating up the JR replacement dweeb who they probably talked shit about beforehand. 

Brilliant piece of business there & reminded me just how damn good Austin was. The problem was that Rock wasn’t around & Taker always makes for a dull main fan favourite. 

It was actually terrible business because Austin was the biggest face of wrestling's biggest money era and people didn't want to pay to boo him. Business started it's huge decline with the Austin heel turn.

39 minutes ago, sabremike said:

It was actually terrible business because Austin was the biggest face of wrestling's biggest money era and people didn't want to pay to boo him. Business started it's huge decline with the Austin heel turn.

I do think if Rock had been around for the blood feud follow up, it would've worked a lot better at the box office.

Usos/New Day perhaps suffered slightly from the guys having too many ideas of spots to do and some didn't quite pan out, but still an amazing match with a great escalation of hatred and intensity. Loved the innovation and viciousness. All four guys just put it all out there. It really should have been the blowoff, but options are limited and these teams are killing it against each other. I wonder if adding an ally to the Usos to allow for some six man encounters would work. A trade for Joe maybe?

I want to live in the alternative universe where Rusev got the Jinder push. The sun must shine a bit brighter in that world.

9 hours ago, quackhell said:

I want to live in the alternative universe where Rusev got the Jinder push. The sun must shine a bit brighter in that world.

The problem with that alternative universe is that former Sen. Linda McMahon is now President of the United States and the push of Rusev is less about Handsome Rusev's talents and more about Vince trolling political pundits who believe that Linda won the election due to Russian interference. Also the Moscow WWE Show is going to be headlined with Rusev (c) vs. "All-American" Dolph Ziggler so be careful what you wish for.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, quackhell said:

Usos/New Day perhaps suffered slightly from the guys having too many ideas of spots to do and some didn't quite pan out, but still an amazing match with a great escalation of hatred and intensity. Loved the innovation and viciousness. All four guys just put it all out there. It really should have been the blowoff, but options are limited and these teams are killing it against each other. I wonder if adding an ally to the Usos to allow for some six man encounters would work. A trade for Joe maybe?

New Day Vs Usos/Rikishi.

• Like 2

So, has anyone else heard how many of the injuries Shane reportedly suffered are real and what's kayfabe? I read a report saying neck trauma, shoulder dislocated, and broken ribs.

That was tremendous. Owens is so good. Why are they afraid to put more stuff like this on their main shows? It is a hell of a lot better than the same old 20 minute scripted in ring promo we have seen a million times that Vince/Dunn/writers are seemingly addicted to and have been for years. So much good/great stuff gets shunted off to youtube instead. 

• Like 2

Dave's Ratings:

Benjamin/Gable vs Hype Bros: 2.75
Uso vs New Day: 4.0
Orton vs Rusve: 3.25
AJ vs Dillinger vs Baron Corbin: 3.5
Charlotte vs Natlya: 3.0
Nakamura vs Jinder: 2.0
Roode vs Ziggler: 2.75
Shane vs Owens: 4.25

Again, questioning myself for why I even care, but Usos vs New Day was way better than Shane vs KO, but Shane vs KO was still very good. I will at least say that the drama at the end of Shane vs KO was off the charts. I don't think I've ever been more scared for someone to take a bump.

Please, PLEASE, no more crazy ass bumps.

• Like 1

The thing that bothered me most about this show was frigging Rosenberg was on Talking Smack and not D-Bry. Bad enough they took away weekly shows from us, but then Bryan doesn't even appear, and we get stuck with fucking Rosenberg? That is some bullshit.

• Like 3

To be fair, Daniel Bryan is from all appearances and accounts, checking out of the WWE hardcore, so he can go get paralyzed in Japan.  

I'm sure the people in charge would prefer to have an unctuous toadie like Rosenberg or Sam Roberts out there, who will stick to the storylines rather than Bryan, who could give roughly negative infinity fucks about what is going on in the ring. 

They used him on the pre-show, which made me believe (wrongly) that he would be on Talking Smack.

Renee is a pretty good host, but she needs a pretty good co-host to make these things not suck. Bryan was her best co-host, followed a long way behind by JBL. Emotionless Shane is still a better co-host than the twin podcast toadies.

On 10/8/2017 at 11:44 PM, PetrolCB said:

That was glorious.

Whoa! I never seen that and it WAS glorious. It's something I've wanted to see happen to Cole for so many years. Austin stiffed the FUCK out of him. 

The Tazzzzzzz beating was pretty satisfying too and notice Cole got wiped out again. I actually give dude respect for taking all that. 

Here's (some of) your HIAC Fashion Files

And yeah I wanna know who the dude in the "what year is it" photo is too