DVDVR Message Board

HELL IN A CELL 2017 (10/08/17)

RIPPA

And yeah, add me to the chorus that loved the opener. That might be my favorite HIAC match ever. There was so much shit in that match we haven't seen before. Props to Woods screaming like the shark from Deep Blue Sea was eating him.

I don't get the nervousness for fighting on top of the cell. Those panels on the top of the cage are either double or triple reinforced now, according to (I can't remember which) Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose. So unless you've got like, someone the size of Yokozuna up there, I don't think there's any real danger. And let's be honest - no one is getting thrown off the cage in this era of WWE programming. It's either you fall while clinging to the second panel on the side of the cage, or you jump off the top.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

I actually don't think that's a full blown heel turn for Sami Zayn. I'm still in the closing moments after the pinfall on my stream, and he's looking pretty remorseful about the entire situation. Looks like they'll go the whole "I was just trying to save my friend" route with this angle. Knowing how they book Sami, it wouldn't surprise me to see KO beat the fuck out of Sami for it, too.

I would actually love dark, conflicted teen angst Sami that wants to follow on the path of his bolder sociopathic friend but is haunted by his conscience.

• Like 2

It's weird because the booking of Nak/Jinder despite the upcoming India tour is so baffling to me and I really want to give the show a thumbs down just for that but the tag match was so great and everything else was in the okay range...    Well,  whatever.   I don't want to spend more time on the Nakamura booking. Did this last month lol. 

And of course Rusev deserves waaaaaay better too. 

Gotta admit I didn't see it, only read about it, and haven't been following the stuffing instead of potatoes closely, but ...

Is Nakamura just dead in the water now? How long does he have to serve in his WWE sentence before he can go back to NJPW?

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

I actually don't think that's a full blown heel turn for Sami Zayn. I'm still in the closing moments after the pinfall on my stream, and he's looking pretty remorseful about the entire situation. Looks like they'll go the whole "I was just trying to save my friend" route with this angle. Knowing how they book Sami, it wouldn't surprise me to see KO beat the fuck out of Sami for it, too.

Yeah but that look he gave Shane's family at the end tells a different story

Speaking of Shane family,  those kids can learn a thing or two from Steph about how selling your mother/father getting the crap beat out of him  ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

Sami carrying Owens to pin Shane seems pretty heelish to me.

That was a star making performance from Woods. And it clearly painted the direction for a major Big E singles push.

I expect them to squander both before October is over. 

And damn did this show go late

• Like 2

Just now, nofuture said:

Sami carrying Owens to pin Shane seems pretty heelish to me.

That's still his friend at the end of the day, though. Sami is like that dude that you can bail on 100 times and he never gets upset and always understands. Just a good dude who has your back no matter what you do. Nothing about what he did tonight seemed heelish to me. I did miss that "look" he gave Shane's family, though. So maybe that would change my mind?

I like when KO screamed, "LOOK AT YOUR DADDY NOW" and the camera cuts to Shane's kids just smiling and laughing. They're definitely McMahons :P

I was watching on my laptop while watching the Yankees game on tv. I tuned out from HITC at 10 for Curb Your Enthusiasm, which was hilarious. I have no desire to watch Nakamura lose to Jinder again. I don't really need to watch Roode/Ziggler beyond Roode's entrance. I might watch KO/Shane at some point. I feel like Corbin is going to keep the US title warm for Bobby Roode. I'll watch Smackdown for Pulp Fashion. I popped when they opened the case and saw Marcellus Wallace's soul.