DVDVR Message Board

HELL IN A CELL 2017 (10/08/17)

RIPPA

16 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I know they got like 15 minutes or so but I see A LOT of empty seats... 

I was wondering if most of the Benjamin/Gable vs Hype Brothers match being shot from the floor cam was their way of hiding the crowd

• RIPPA locked this topic

New Day and the Usos have had plenty of great matches but their never-ending feud filled with 50/50 booking has diminished my enthusiasm. This match had a lot of good stuff but also a lot of WWE Hardcore Lite spots. They really should have blown off the feud here as I don't know how they'll top what they did here, but it looks like it's going to continue seeing as how New Day need their rematch.

Russev/Orton went on too long and ended predictably with the wrong person winning. Nobody gives a shit about Randy Orton and Russev deserves better than this.  

Why does Dillenger come to the ring dressed like a dog that just had surgery?  It's pretty much a rule by now that any non one on one match has to consist of two guys getting their shit in while the others lie around outside the ring.  For a while I was starting to think Corbin was showing signs of improvement and was at the least carryable when in a match with people significantly better.  He's not been doing anything of interest lately and putting the belt on him isn't going to help.  If there's an upside, hopefully this can leave AJ open to going after the world title.  

I'm shocked Charlotte didn't go over clean for the title.

The Fashion Files was tremendous as always.

It looks like the prognostication about Jinder holding the belt until after the India shows is right.  He got what was basically a clean win in a match that sucked the wind out of the audience.

Roode/Ziggler was fine from an in-ring standpoint, but the end of the world title match completely deflated the arena.  It didn't help that Roode's debut was handled like crap from the get-go, as was the setup for this match with Ziggler. Roode has no business being a face and Ziggler, while a good utility guy, has been a jobber forever now so no one had a reason to care here.

Have they always had the larger handhold cutouts in the HIAC?  I first noticed them in the Shane/Taker match and they're back here.  Owens is the best heel they've had in years and his shit talking was really on another level tonight.  Shame he was stuck in this crap fest of a match having to sell Shane's godawful offense.  At least there's the slim chance something interesting could come of Sami's interference.  A heel turn and Steenerico reunion?

A 30 minute overrun for this?  Overly long recap packages have been a thing for a while but they were especially gratuitous tonight.

SD's roster is in dire need of some future endeavoring, starting with Road Dog or whomever is booking this crap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Okay,  so there's a lot to discuss but I just want to throw USOS and NEW DAY in the MOTY discussion.  That was fucking awesome!!

100%.

Say what you will about most of that main but wrestling about friendship is the bessssssst.

• Like 1

Guys, I'm pretty sure now that Shane died in that helicopter crash and this whole time we've all been part of his Jacob's Ladder scenario and the world is going to exist anymore once they turn off the machines that are now keeping him breathing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Okay, that opener might be match of the year. Okay put that aside, and the rest of the show which was pretty decent.

What in the fuck is wrong with Shane McMahon?!? Seriously what the fuck? Jesus Christ I've never been more terrified watching a match as I was during the fight on top. Jesus fucking hell. That was tense, terrifying, compelling and spectacular. Please never do it again.

• Like 5

Usos might be my favorite team in shit,   a decade.  They've always been good but right now they are better than ever.   No fucks given at all.  Just fucking dudes up.  And Xavier is a great sympathetic babyface.  The headbutt fighting spirit spot where he was cuffed,   amazing. 

And fucking BIG E...  going from happy/dancing to super serious Terminator mode was something to see.  Wow what a match. 

• Like 5

I actually don't think that's a full blown heel turn for Sami Zayn. I'm still in the closing moments after the pinfall on my stream, and he's looking pretty remorseful about the entire situation. Looks like they'll go the whole "I was just trying to save my friend" route with this angle. Knowing how they book Sami, it wouldn't surprise me to see KO beat the fuck out of Sami for it, too.

Just now, piranesi said:

Guys, I'm pretty sure now that Shane died in that helicopter crash and this whole time we've all been part of his Jacob's Ladder scenario and the world isn't going to exist anymore once they turn off the machines that are now keeping him breathing.

CxT3--EW8AQ6ukC.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Taking Smack is like Ali/Frazier just ended and the press conference guy is like "Okay, let's start this off by bringing out the fighters in order of the card. So let's begin with Cliff "The Rock" Giordano who is now the No. 2 Light-featherweight contender!"

• Like 1