DVDVR Message Board

What Happens On Smackdown Live, Stays On Smackdown Live - 9/12/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Please... No more of this terrible Dolph Ziggler shtick. I beg. Just shave his head and have him be a drooling madman who never talks. Anything. Just no more of this.

And yet somehow Jinder's segment was even more agonizing.

But great work by Mr. McMahon and Kevin Owens! Vince is so crazy. That headbutt...

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Oh and fuck whatever they are thinking with this Dolph character

I presume he is going to go on and on about catchphrases and flashy entrances for a few more weeks, then a week or so before HIAC, Bobby Roode will come out to challenge him.

Wait....did they back themselves into an opportunity to FINALLY explain why Triple-H helped Kevin Owens become World Champion all those many months ago???!!!  I thought I missed the explanation but someone here told me, "Nah. Not yet."

This is IT. I've been waiting.  Lurking.  For this moment.  Next week. Or maybe 2 weeks.  At the most: 4 weeks.  It's coming.  I feel it.   Here it comes.  Yeah.  

6 minutes ago, piranesi said:

But guys what in the name of all that is cursed from Hell was Stephanie wearing? It was like she hunted and skinned the stage the Sonny & Cher show and made a human skin out of it.

I also like that the storyline reason Kurt Angle is running Raw is because Stephanie McMahon was injured at Wrestlemania and would be returning when she was healthy.  So here it is 5-6 months later, and she's clearly healthy but can't be bothered to go back to running her show.

I promise I'll stop remembering things and creating new posts, but I just had to add, man, was that Benjamin/Gable-Hype Bros. segment/match UGLY.  First Gable and Benjamin run into each other on their entrance, then there was a number of botches and stumbles, culminating in Benjamin lifting up his opponent for the double-team and just standing there, forgetting to tag Gable who is desperately trying to reach his tiny little arms over and touch Benjamin so he can tag himself in and hit the bulldog off the top.

3 hours ago, JCM said:

WTF is up with an unprotected headbutt in the year 2017 right after Shibata had to retire?

You think Vince has any clue who the fuck Shibata or New Japan are? He probably came up with the damn idea.

• Haha 1

Knowing WWE, Shane wins when holographic Hunter appears from a hole in the ring speaking like Yoda to distract Owens who is summarily forced to have a poutine selling gimmick at all arenas going forward.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

That can be said of literally anyone else on the roster.

Yeah - now that I know about the Jack Gallagher heel turn, I am more infuriated that that wasn't on SDL instead of Ziggler