DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK TWO

RIPPA

Falcons doing to the Packers what I as an Atlanta native have wished I could do to every northerner/midwesterner who has ever moved here and then talked about how much better it is there since i was a small child. No one cares about how good the flow of traffic was in Sheboygan. We have running water and some museums. Go Home. and #RiseUp.

9 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Sure but if you really follow this team, I think most of the fans see there are still big holes.

Smashing the Lions and Bears doesn't really mean much let's be real. Minnesota is a team that worries me though.

Minnesota worries no one is Sam Bradford is out

And I can't believe I just typed that sentence

• Like 1

Steelers win.  I get yelled at by my bae for using paper towels instead of a rag to clean up a spill on the granite countertop in the kitchen.  It has begun.

If the Giants lose tonight, I'm sleeping on the sofa for sure on Saturday.

Happy wife, happy life.

Do not fuck up, Eli.

After dealing with what one source described as "a personal matter" this weekend, Miami Dolphins linebacker Lawrence Timmons is scheduled to meet today with doctors to try to figure out what is wrong, per sources.

One source said Timmons is "doing much better today and wants to resume playing immediately" with the hope that he will practice this week. But first come the doctor visits.

The Dolphins are unsure what the issue is with Timmons, but one league source said he does not believe it is the early onset of CTE. "No one has ever seen anything like it," one source said.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20744555/miami-dolphins-linebacker-lawrence-timmons-meet-doctors-monday

• Sad 1

That's rather ominous and disturbing. Depends what he was doing, but it's a personal thing and not football related necessarily, so privacy should be respected.

Also, tonight, you're my boy, Blue! Rippa forever! Don't let me down!

The team insists that quarterback Andy Dalton is safe.

But the feeling within the locker room, we’re told, is that the leash isn’t quite so long, and that if the struggles continue under new offensive coordinator Bill Lazor, the next one to go could be Dalton.

This means that A.J. McCarron would take over, if Dalton is indeed benched. But there’s a feeling among some of the players that the Bengals should go off the board and consider bringing in Colin Kaepernick.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/17/16324022/bengals-colin-kaepernick-andy-dalton-per-report

This is just stupid. Any QB behind that line would look bad. Combine that with shoddy play calling and you have a QB that doesn't look that great (he wasn't spectacular to begin with but is a decent QB.) This team.......UGH!   *shakes head*

19 minutes ago, JustJay said:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/17/16324022/bengals-colin-kaepernick-andy-dalton-per-report

This is just stupid. Any QB behind that line would look bad. Combine that with shoddy play calling and you have a QB that doesn't look that great (he wasn't spectacular to begin with but is a decent QB.) This team.......UGH!   *shakes head*

The amount of teams who have paper mache offensive lines is staggering.  Its like half the league decided that blocking was optional.  Cam Newton is going to get killed.  Russell Wilson is going to be on a stretcher.  And Andy Dalton is going to get benched and never play again.

• Sad 1

Man - the Timmons story keeps sounding worse and worse

The Dolphins have waited to say anything about the Lawrence Timmons situation, but apparently filed a missing persons report with police in Los Angeles this weekend.

According to TMZ, the Dolphins were concerned when Timmons wasn’t in his hotel room Saturday night at bed check, and began looking for him.

When a round of calls to friends and family turned up nothing, they filed a missing persons report. He was apparently found by police at the Los Angeles International Airport, where he was attempting to fly back to Pennsylvania to attend to a family matter.

The report says a Dolphins official met him there and left with Timmons.

So far, all we know is that his agent called it a personal matter, and that Timmons reportedly wants to return to play. Whether the Dolphins are fine with that, or whether Timmons is fine, remains to be seen.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/18/report-dolphins-filed-missing-persons-report-on-lawrence-timmons/

• Sad 1