DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK TWO

RIPPA

On 9/13/2017 at 9:34 AM, Lawful Metal said:

Deshaun Watson's first start tomorrow! On national TV! With the worst Offensive Line I've ever seen!

Deshaun is gonna win it by pure force of will.

Texans D will wake up and eat Andy Dalton for breakfast.

really shocked that the Texans haven't signed TJ Yates yet.

Called it. Woohoo! Deshaun is undefeated as a starter! Deshaun wins it by pure force of will with the big runs. And I was greatly amused by the Texans just putting ALL of their offensive lineman on the field at the same time. 

Deshaun is the greatest of all time!!!

also I'm pretty sure Gene Atkins actually murdered him a few times.

16 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

In all honesty, has there EVER been a good Thursday night game? I cannot recall a single solitary one. It's like watching an NCAA ESPN 11pm crap bag game, which I've never done, as I refuse to watch college ball. 

The Chief/Raiders game from 2014 in Derek Carr's rookie year. I think Raiders were 0-9 or 0-10 heading into that game and Carr threw a game winning TD in the last minute. You'd have thought the Raiders were going to the Super Bowl the way the Coliseum was that game.

7 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Watt's last play tackle was pretty awesome. I dunno why, but I had a JR call in my head after it.  

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/the-final-play-of-tonights-nfl-game-as-called-by-wrest-1813525288#_ga=2.83897690.2106135842.1504178369-209243734.1499978933

You weren't alone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

When did Dalton become literally the worst QB in the NFL? He was pretty good last year. Now he just looks confused.

The Bengals have great skill talent and used to have a really good offensive line, Andy Dalton was never anywhere close to good.  The line is worse than it's been and he's terrible under pressure.  If you give him time, he can get the ball to AJ Green, or one of those running backs.  If you don't give him time, he'll show his true terrible colors soon enough.  

I'm surprised Andy Dalton face isn't a thing this morning. It must have been after every failed drive that Dalton would have his mouth stretched out with his teeth clenched giving the "ehhhhhhh I just fucked up again, didn't I?" face.

If you need me - I will be in my bunk

Bill Belichick talks about 80s Giants teams

The impetus of this interview was the transcendent season that Mark Bavaro had in 1987. Based on our metrics, it's one of the three best seasons any tight end has had in the last 30 years. What skills and talents made Bavaro such a great model of what you want at the tight end position? When younger fans today hear people comparing Bavaro with Rob Gronkowski, what's the most important thing they should know about Bavaro's game?

The 1-on-1 matchups in training camp between Bavaro and Banks/Taylor were incredible… three great football players competing at the highest level with tremendous pride to win the matchup. With one exception, I heard all three players say that their toughest opponent was on the Giants' practice field. When the Giants did not make any adjustment offensively for Reggie White in the running game, I scratched my head. But going back to watch the film, Bavaro blocked White very well with no help whenever we played the Eagles – it was astounding to me to see Bavaro block White lined up in a 6-technique on outside runs with no help. I would say I saw White get blocked more by Bavaro than in all the other games COMBINED that I saw while watching Reggie on film play against the offenses we were preparing for. Bavaro had great in-line strength, technique, quickness, and balance – and he was a ferocious competitor who took no plays off. Bavaro blocked White in the running game and, at times, in pass protection. A large part of Joe Morris’ production came from Bavaro’s blocking on outside plays – Joe was able to use his speed because Bavaro created space on the edge of the defense.

Oh yeah... that's the good stuff...

• Like 2