DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Cena vs. Strowman - 9/11/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Every week Reigns cuts a promo that strains credibility to lengths I've never seen before. This week's was the worst. I sat there listening to this fucking thing about how business is doing amazing with Reigns and no one believes this bullshit. Even crazier is the notion that he's had more great matches than Cena has ever had. The worst part about it is that given how he's been booked in the past, I can only imagine that creative felt this was a babyface promo from Reigns. The crowd though, as well as myself, all knew it was a giant steaming pile of shit. And then once again Cena destroys him in the end. Every week it's this same shit where Cena annihilates Reigns on the mic because Reigns can't deliver on his promo or his script is garbage. Actually, never mind the worst part I mentioned earlier. The worst part is that after all of this that makes you want to see Reigns get owned by Cena, Reigns is probably going to win.

It's the same feeling of disappointment I'm getting from the Brock/Braun feud. I love all of these segments with these two and they have great chemistry together, but the ending after all of this needs to be like the Rock/Brock match from Summerslam with Braun in the Brock role. The no sell of the german suplex and Lesnar looking like he saw a ghost was one of the coolest visuals this year. The way they've booked Braun has been practically perfect and it should culminate with him becoming the champion, but it won't, because Roman must go over at WrestleMania.

• Like 2

The "I'm the drug test you can't pass" line made me wonder if Cena's failed a couple wellness tests and they just buried the results (Meltzer has hinted they do that with top guys at least some of the time - unless Vince is mad at the guy at the time (Orton)).

Audience seemed a little shocked Roman went there.

6 hours ago, Rick said:

I'm probably in the minority but I'm pulling for Enzo to come through this, he's far too talented to be buried into the ground and not have his redemption story.

I'm with you. Miz might be a great orator, but he sucks as a shoot promo. I could buy into him if he wasn't such a corporate shill. 

I like street guys like Enzo, mainly because of their narcissistic self-worth. Miz talked big shit, and the man was unflappable. It's tough to embarrass a person if they have no humility. 

12 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

The "I'm the drug test you can't pass" line made me wonder if Cena's failed a couple wellness tests and they just buried the results (Meltzer has hinted they do that with top guys at least some of the time - unless Vince is mad at the guy at the time (Orton)).

Audience seemed a little shocked Roman went there.

I doubt that, regarding Cena. There was that SI interview where Cena has all of his drug tests pinned up on a wall in his workout room or something along those lines.

I really feel like its Braun's time and any delay at this point would be a mistake.  It's really time to take all that steam Brock's had and put it on a new main event player.  Anything else including any Paul Heyman switches sides nonsense and its a tremendous wait.

Time is now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trebor said:

Asuka on RAW would be a great way to work the Bayley gets her redemption by finally overcoming the one opponent she has never beaten.

It writes itself:  Bayley has never been the same since losing to Asuka.

Most of the Raw audience has no idea about Bayley and Asuka's matches against each other in NXT. They also might want to get Bayley to the point where she's actually over before they bother with a redemption story line.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Goodear said:

I really feel like its Braun's time and any delay at this point would be a mistake.  It's really time to take all that steam Brock's had and put it on a new main event player.  Anything else including any Paul Heyman switches sides nonsense and its a tremendous wait.

Time is now.

That's my thinking. He has so much momentum behind him at this point that you may as well keep that train rolling. I love everything they're doing with him. They haven't made him into Smilin' Braun Strowman for his face push, they've just let him continue to do badass things with subtle face undertones, like placing the title on Brock's chest and patting it 3 times, or not further destroying John Cena when he could have.

Braun is someone who has, kayfabe speaking, damn near killed Roman by throwing him off a platform while Roman was still strapped to a stretcher, he flipped an ambulance over, he's beaten Roman repeatedly, Roman attempted to kill him and Braun sauntered off wounded and bleeding but not dead, he blew up the ring with Big Show and got up from it, then he's put over strong in the 4-way, he likely ends Big Show's career by throwing him through a cage, and now he shows no fear when standing up to Brock Lesnar. Not just that, he doesn't feel any pain from Brock Lesnar and Brock is afraid of Braun. That is fucking awesome. The push of Braun has continued to escalate so much that they're at this level where it's time to put the belt on the guy and whether that happens here at No Mercy or at Survivor Series or even on a Raw, it needs to happen. 

• Like 2

I've long thought that Braun should beat Brock, have a successful title defense at the next PPV, then drop the title to Roman after the shield reforms and triple bombs him through the table. Braun can then murder Dean and Seth at consecutive PPVs, win the royal rumble, and then beat Roman at Wrestlemania.

of course it would require Roman and Dean and Seth to be heels, so it has no chance of happening. Plus it takes Brock out of the main event. But it seems such simple storytelling.

• Like 2

Roman is treated as so above Rollins and Ambrose, a reunion would come off more like Roman and his lackeys than three equals.  And no way is Braun/Dean or Braun/Seth even slightly compelling enough to headline a RAW, much less a PPV.  I could definitely see a Braun vs. The Shield main event though.

Still catching this via hulu.

Roman/Jordan was good. Skipped the Cena/Roman promo.

Dug the Nia/Alexa segment. Dug braun destroying Brock once again. The german suplex no sell was great.

Braun/Cena was solid. Glad Braun just destroyed him.

The Miz/Enzo segment/match was decent but weird. With them trying to push Enzo on 205Live I don't really see what the point of it was. It was definitely a better worked shoot than Cena/Roman has been the past few weeks. Congrats to Miz and MAryse if they aren't bsing on the pregnancy.

Its nice to see te tag division gettign so much focus.

Don't like Asuka on Raw at all. Sasha is the only new match, and I can't see them giving a good ending to Asuka's streak here. SDL would have been a lot more interesting.

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

I've long thought that Braun should beat Brock, have a successful title defense at the next PPV, then drop the title to Roman after the shield reforms and triple bombs him through the table. Braun can then murder Dean and Seth at consecutive PPVs, win the royal rumble, and then beat Roman at Wrestlemania.

of course it would require Roman and Dean and Seth to be heels, so it has no chance of happening. Plus it takes Brock out of the main event. But it seems such simple storytelling.

Dean and Seth could always help Roman beat Cena...That would be a start in the direction you pointed out.

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Every week Reigns cuts a promo that strains credibility to lengths I've never seen before. This week's was the worst. I sat there listening to this fucking thing about how business is doing amazing with Reigns and no one believes this bullshit.

That reminds me of HBK's one RAW interview where he said that the real reason Bret came back was b/c the WWF was doing great business with him (HBK) on top and Bret couldn't stand that fact.

1 hour ago, cwoy2j said:

That reminds me of HBK's one RAW interview where he said that the real reason Bret came back was b/c the WWF was doing great business with him (HBK) on top and Bret couldn't stand that fact.

Drugs have a way of altering one's perception of reality.

59 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm kind of an idiot because I've just been assuming this whole time that Braun is going over at No Mercy.  I didn't even consider a different outcome.   

Well considering that the plan is back to Roman/Brock at Mania (with Roman being the one to finally beat Brock) - I am not sure why you thought Braun was winning now

Roman's been DOA for years, but this Cena feud is really hammering it home. I don't know how anyone can watch it and not see that Cena's out-classing him in every way.

The Enzo burial reached a new level because they actually put him in a spot to get booed by interrupting the baby announcement. Before he was booked like a total loser, but at least he was presented as an upstanding guy. That whole segment was pure spite.

Brock/Braun is the only thing worth a damn on Raw right now. The rest of the show is hard to watch. Even Sasha looks like she doesn't give a shit anymore (not that I blame her). At least Asuka will provide some entertainment before they inevitably ruin her in a few months.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Don't like Asuka on Raw at all. Sasha is the only new match, and I can't see them giving a good ending to Asuka's streak here. SDL would have been a lot more interesting.

I really want an Asuka/Becky feud so hopefully they do a Bayley or Sasha for Becky trade. Sasha has already won the Raw title four times if she isn't turning she needs to go to SDL.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

WWE was doing so well in '96 that they almost went out of business.  Thanks,  HBK.   I'm kind of an idiot because I've just been assuming this whole time that Braun is going over at No Mercy.  I didn't even consider a different outcome.   

If current WWE was going up against the hottest angle ever in a rival company like 96 WWE was they would be doing just as bad if not worse.