DVDVR Message Board

2017 NCAAF: WEEK 3

Dolfan in NYC

The flip side of that - USF vs Illinois will be played in Tampa as scheduled

Also - Central Florida cancelled its home game against Georgia Tech

Per ESPN

The main reason for the Georgia Tech-UCF cancellation is that UCF is hosting up to 1,000 National Guard personnel in and around Spectrum Stadium. There are also about 250 vehicles on campus. Florida Gov. Rick Scott asked UCF to host the National Guard as part of the Hurricane Irma recovery effort. Some UCF players also were dismissed to be with their families before the storm hit. "We are in complete agreement with the decision," Georgia Tech AD Todd Stansbury said.

USC claiming that they are 4-0 all time versus Texas because their 2005 season record is officially 0-0 after vacating all their wins and thus the 2006 Rose Bowl loss never happened is my favorite thing ever. 

But even still, fuck Vince Young.

Screen_Shot_2017_09_11_at_4.12.07_PM.png

• Like 2

@Tabe will appreciate this one. Just went out to lunch and saw a dude in an Eastern Washington shirt. "Cool," I thought to myself. And then I saw 60 more dudes in E-Dub gear, because it's the entire team hanging out in Times Square before they play Fordham tomorrow, looking like a bunch of kids on Christmas morning.

I love this town.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Pete said:

@Tabe will appreciate this one. Just went out to lunch and saw a dude in an Eastern Washington shirt. "Cool," I thought to myself. And then I saw 60 more dudes in E-Dub gear, because it's the entire team hanging out in Times Square before they play Fordham tomorrow, looking like a bunch of kids on Christmas morning.

I love this town.

This sounds like when I ran into Mike Richter on the streets in Tribeca years ago.  He was looking visibly annoyed/exasperated as he walked and babysat 5 Japanese businessmen.  

This was the day after they'd lost 6-1, so when I told my friend who is a huge Rangers fan, his only reply to me was, "Did you kick him in the face?"  

I <3 NY

I saw Randy Moss walking through the streets of tiny little Clare, Michigan when they stayed there to play CMU, but I couldn't quite work up the nerve to interrupt him and a few teammates to ask for an autograph.

On 9/15/2017 at 10:56 AM, Pete said:

I love this town.

You're right - I do appreciate that. Thanks. 

• Like 1

I got free Carl's Jr and a ShopRite sandwich outside before the game so I'm happy. Debating on if I want to blow my diet completely to hell after the game by getting a fat sandwich at R.U. Hungry.

2 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Part of me thinks these pay a team to be an easy win games shouldn't happen. But these teams literally make their entire athletics budget in one shot. I'm torn.

App State said hi. 

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

App State said hi. 

I know that's the cute response but: A: they were just about the best team in the FCS and B: they were at a point that they went D1 shortly thereafter. And remember they were still the million to one shot. I just sat through a game where I seriously feared for the wellbeing of the physically overmatched Morgan State players. At least half a dozen had to be helpped off the field with injuries after being crushed. And this was against a terrible D1 school. The real problem with these games is safety.