DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 9/5/2017 - Dolph Ziggler Sucks

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Bray Wyatt has pinned a bunch of big names clean - including Cena and AJ Styles in the same match where he won his World Title

Has he won many 1-on-1 matches clean, though?  I remember on his initial run him getting wins over Kane etc. but they were always screwy IIRC.

He pinned Bryan clean at Rumble

He beat Finn Balor clean on RAW at the start of this current feud

I could have sworn he pinned Reigns clean at some point but my memory is shit

Bray just won the Rollins feud, also. You see that godawful win/loss record floated from time to time, but it fails to consider the vast majority of those losses are either dark matches or house shows. He actually wins more often than not if you only count TV and PPV singles matches. Which is not to say he's been protected exactly or written well; I think it's an interesting case study in there being more to booking than adding up wins and losses. (Obviously his Wrestlemania record hurts, though.)

21 hours ago, MarcosLoura said:

Those Smackdown fallout videos are not live are they? Why didn't they just record another take after the gum fail? Weird.

EDIT: I never really watched Ziggler, but jeez it seems like they guy spat on everyone's cereal AND slapped their grandmothers. Live and let live guys.

They were all out of bubble gum.

• Like 3

On 9/7/2017 at 11:52 AM, Beech27 said:

Bray just won the Rollins feud, also. You see that godawful win/loss record floated from time to time, but it fails to consider the vast majority of those losses are either dark matches or house shows. He actually wins more often than not if you only count TV and PPV singles matches. Which is not to say he's been protected exactly or written well; I think it's an interesting case study in there being more to booking than adding up wins and losses. (Obviously his Wrestlemania record hurts, though.)

He's a heel, Inwouldnt expect him to have a great Mania record. Also he's Mania losses have come at the hands of John Cena, The Undertaker and Randy Orrin. Plus he had a segment with the Rock. If he was jobbing to Cesaro or Rusev at Mania that might be troublesome.

Caught the tail end of Smackdown on Universo so had to go watch Nak/Orton on Dailymotion. That was a cool little TV match. Orton getting kneed in the face brought me much joy, and it seemed like working with Shinsuke livened him up. Guess it didn't hurt that they cut out the whole chinlock portion for commercial.