DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 9/5/2017 - Dolph Ziggler Sucks

Dolfan in NYC

Continuing the odd booking between TV/Network Specials, I feel that a lot of these clean wins over big stars would have been better for Nak if they had been higher profile matches. I mean, it's so odd that he's beaten Cena/Orton clean on TV only to probably lose in fuck finishes on consecutive PPVs to Jinder.

-Think Vince might have something to say about showing that much tarp on camera when he visits next week? Yikes. 

-Orton/Nakamura was really good. Interesting story too, that maybe Orton's usual RKOOUTTANOWHERE habit might have cost him. Sure, he got the satisfaction last week; but he also gave Nak a practice run. 

-I know WWE doesn't do intergender matches, but I'd really like to see Naomi squash Ziggler for... whatever that was. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

-I know WWE doesn't do intergender matches, but I'd really like to see Naomi squash Ziggler for... whatever that was. 

Thank you for being the first (and so far, only) person here to note this. For all who were arguing Jordan was buried last night? Explain Ziggler undermining Naomi. Unless this ends in an intergender match with Naomi beating the dog piss out of Zigs, this wasn't good.  And all of it was bad, anyway.

KO's line about Shane dying in his helicopter crash and Carmella channeling Nikki Bella with the genetic defect/adoption cracks were too much for me. Absolutely the cheapest way to get heat, and it didn't even work for Carmella.

I will say that I enjoyed how they weaved the KO saga throughout the show. That Shane mentioned HHH giving KO the Universal title was a nice callback. Bryan so looked like the disappointed dad during the entire show. 

AJ's US Open Challenge is going over like a lead balloon.  Mostly because they don't have enough guys to do it justice, unless they allow tag guys to take part. If only someone was in the back who could do well with this (LUKE HARPER).

Orton-Nakamura was a neat little match.

SDL's live attendance has been anemic, so I'm not surprised by Vince coming next week. Wonder if Vince decides to send someone from RAW over to SDL to bolster the roster.

Next week is one of those 'Clash of the Champions'  type Smackdowns that I love.  They are in Las Vegas.  

- AJ Styles vs. Tye Dillenger -  United States Championship 

- Usos vs. New Day - Tag Team Championship "Sin City" Street Fight 

- Naomi vs. Natalya - Women's Championship 

- The return of Mr. McMahon to address Kevin Owens situation. 

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't know where they are going with this but Ellsworth has had an incredible year 

wNbH4aV.gif

That was a hell of a lot of oompa loompa paint Carmella left on his face. My sister in law did that to our toilet seat once.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

Particularly nice to hear Daniel Bryan go out of his way in his promo with Shane to confirm that his first and most desired impulse when getting in his next altercation is to immediately headbutt the crap out of the nearest object/person.

I liked the part where Daniel Bryan said something like "This will ruin your family...not that I care about them" then proceeds to tell Shane what a good guy he is.  Shane should have started punching him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, caley said:

I liked the part where Daniel Bryan said something like "This will ruin your family...not that I care about them" then proceeds to tell Shane what a good guy he is.  Shane should have started punching him.

With Shane's punches, Bryan would be fine, 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

And that's why every time someone says "Dolph should ask for his release and be an indie superstar," my response is always "dude, what did the indies ever do to you?"

Someone compared this new ripoff gimmick to Mizdow/Macho Mandow. Let's hope it ends the same way, with his release and crashing and burning in GFW/the indies and him quitting so he can torture people with his "comedy" the same way the Vogons did with their poetry.

• Like 3