2017 NCAAF: WEEK 2

Dolfan in NYC

Fun weekend of non-upsets...   Onto the new week with RANKINGZ~~~

#1 ShadySnivelingHookersealion-size_restric

#2 AssuredCoolBoubou-size_restricted.gif

#3 ZigzagWarmAmericanwirehair-size_restrict

#4 TartJovialAchillestang-size_restricted.g

#5 UglySlimyFurseal-size_restricted.gif

Okie @ tOSU will take care of one of those.  And Penn State better lose soon, because finding a gif that does not mention the -- troubles -- is very hard, and I am a weak, weak man.  

(Thanks to @Pete for #5)

Hurricane Irma updates: 

The University of Miami has cancelled their game at Arkansas State.   Alcorn State vs FIU has been postponed indefinitely.  

UF & FSU have moved up their games against whatever jobber schools they're playing to Noon on Saturday.  UCF is playing Memphis on Friday evening. 

53 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hurricane Irma updates: 

The University of Miami has cancelled their game at Arkansas State.   Alcorn State vs FIU has been postponed indefinitely.  

UF & FSU have moved up their games against whatever jobber schools they're playing to Noon on Saturday.  UCF is playing Memphis on Friday evening. 

Northern Colorado and Louisiana-Monroe respectively. The Gators also relinquished their hotel for Irma evacuees.

Sucks for Arkansas State... apparently they were willing to move the game up to Friday and help out with whatever travel arrangements they could, but the Canes decided to stay home. Hopefully they get that game back down the line.

We're getting an estimated 10,000 additional folks on campus this Saturday for the Georgia vs ND game. Night game too. Tailgating from 8 am until 7 pm is going to be fun. The night games are always a good time because the out of towners are usually good people. One of my best tailgating experiences was going on a campus walk with my brother and sister-in-law. Right at the start of our walk, a bus drops off a bunch of USC fans who came from the airport and we wind up doing the whole walk with an older couple and a younger couple. Just totally random. Football may have come up once. It was a really good time and they couldn't have been nicer.

I'm hoping for something similar with some Georgia fans. At the very least, eating and drinking with fans from out of town is fun enough.

17 minutes ago, Craig H said:

We're getting an estimated 10,000 additional folks on campus this Saturday for the Georgia vs ND game. Night game too. Tailgating from 8 am until 7 pm is going to be fun. The night games are always a good time because the out of towners are usually good people. One of my best tailgating experiences was going on a campus walk with my brother and sister-in-law. Right at the start of our walk, a bus drops off a bunch of USC fans who came from the airport and we wind up doing the whole walk with an older couple and a younger couple. Just totally random. Football may have come up once. It was a really good time and they couldn't have been nicer.

I'm hoping for something similar with some Georgia fans. At the very least, eating and drinking with fans from out of town is fun enough.

You shouldn't have any problems because there's no real rivalry to speak of between the schools. When was the last time they even played- the 1981 Sugar Bowl?

EDIT: Confirmed. Their only previous head-to-head meeting.

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

You shouldn't have any problems because there's no real rivalry to speak of between the schools. When was the last time they even played- the 1981 Sugar Bowl?

Shit, I don't even know. I'm not expecting any problems. To be honest, I make it out to most tailgates every year and the only problems I ever see are when someone, probably in their early 20s, has had way too much to drink and is being loaded into an ambulance. 

First of all, the Alma Mater puts one on JSU after a soulcrushing loss to Tennessee. Secondly, Wake Up the Echoes, Shake Down the Thunder, whatever it is you midwesterners do. I could use a week of silence from these hillbilly-ass u(sic)ga fans...

Pitt's wearing the proper colors today!!!! And as Penn State's qb just runs for 35 yards I ask once again why did Pitt fire Wanstache!!!! The parade of coaches they've had since then have killed recruiting and will get snatched up by another school if they go 6-6. 

Rutgers is losing to Eastern Michigan 10-3 at the half. This game has been every bit as bad as you would imagine. I have no idea how EMU could have such an awful punter as a D1 school. Seriously, guy would be bad by high school standards.

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

Not news: James Franklin claimed to have no interest in trolling the Pitt fanbase after Penn State's win today. 

News: He also said the win was "just like beating Akron." 

I have no interest in trolling the Penn State fanbase, but somewhere Joe Paterno is looking up and smiling.

• Like 2