DVDVR Message Board

And now for Irma

JLSigman

18 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Rick Scott hammered home that point in all his press conferences. 

Always fascinating to me when these arch-conservative governors like Scott, Christie etc find their humanity and actually do their jobs well when some hurricane/tornado is wreaking havoc on their states. They lose it again over time, of course, but it's almost charming to see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

He should still be hit by a bus.

True. 

Tally people losing their shit because Steak & Shake doesn't have tomatoes while I think I heard 130 local gas stations have no gas. 

Tomorrow at my weekly Trivia I am so getting hammered then watching Lucha Underground episode 100. 

10 hours ago, Pete said:

Always fascinating to me when these arch-conservative governors like Scott, Christie etc find their humanity and actually do their jobs well when some hurricane/tornado is wreaking havoc on their states. They lose it again over time, of course, but it's almost charming to see.

My theory is that they HAVE to act that way; if they were there normal shit headed selves, they'd be lynched. But then I'm the cynical type. . . .

13 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Tally people losing their shit because Steak & Shake doesn't have tomatoes while I think I heard 130 local gas stations have no gas. 

I had to curse out some asshole here in the 804 on post yesterday.  Some old retired Army fuck was in the process of chewing out the service person because of the high price for gas. 

I stepped in and was like, "The refineries are on the Gulf Coast and they just experienced epic rainfall.  Unless you want to go to Texas with a bucket and start bailing, you need to chill."

I really don't buy the corporate line about oil supply and shit.  I just hate seeing people getting railed on for shit that isn't in their realm of control.

• Like 3

Finally got power back this afternoon after losing it Sunday night. Luckily my place didn't get hit as bad as a couple miles down the road where it's flooded. it was hot as hell in the 90's all week which sucked. Lots of debris and trees down. Also a big gas and water/ice shortage here in Central Florida.  I feel bad for people further down south that will take months to get back home.

• Like 3