DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK ONE

Dolfan in NYC

7 minutes ago, Justin877 said:

Is the Baltiore D that good?  Or are the Bengals that bad on offense?

I think Marvin Lewis is going to get sacked but Mike Clown won't do it until the end of the season. Yet another season of abject failure, yay!!!

1 minute ago, Kuetsar said:

Well Buffalo seals the win against the jets with a pick. So they are in first place. Probably for the only time in the season, but baby steps! :)

The worst thing about this win is that despite it being over the Jets, it is still enough to make Bills fans stupidly confident that this is their year.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DouglasC said:

The worst thing about this win is that despite it being over the Jets, it is still enough to make Bills fans stupidly confident that this is their year.

My expectations are rock bottom for them, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

On 9/4/2017 at 11:27 PM, Lawful Metal said:

Duane Brown still holding out.  Right now the Texans OL is Kendall Lamm, Xavier Sua-Filo, Nick Martin, Jeff Allen and Breno Giacamini.  Yikes.  Undrafted guy who's only played in games as a blocking tight end, bust 2nd round guy, 2nd year "rookie" who was injured in preseason last year, bust free agent pick up last year, and a cast off from the Jets. 

And Tom Savage at QB, who I don't think has ever started and finished a game more than once, and famously got injured trying to hand off to the RB by turning the wrong way. 

And our wide receivers are DeAndre Hopkins, Braxton Miller, Bruce Ellington and ... I don't know.  Will Fuller and Jaelin Strong are out (injured / suspended).  Probably a problem since BOB loves those 4 WR formations. 

All of the running backs are injured except for Lamar Miller who sucks.  I'm guessing Savage goes out on his shield early, and we get the Deshaun Watson show way earlier than anyone expected. 

I know its the Jags, and the City of Houston is counting on the Texans winning to boost the morale of the city, but what are the Texans best at?  Disappointing their fans. 

Damn. Nailed it. 

Man there is a reason why I am not an owner of a team.  If I owned the Texans I would fire the entire staff and probably half the team.  Never mind losing on your first game back from Hurricane Harvey.   Never mind you are losing to the Jaguars but to get smoked by them is unacceptable

• Like 1