DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is AIR BIG SHOW~! - 9/4/2017

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

The "Aieeee!! It's a flying Big Show" expression on the ref's face totally makes the pic.

If that's Lil Naitch,  he saw him do dropkicks in WCW, so a flying elbow shouldn't be that big a deal. 

22 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

Everyone always says that Vince won't ever ask the talent to do something he wouldn't do. I read that HBK's family was nervous about HBK doing the zipline entrance at WM12 so Vince got up there and did it himself. 

Marth Hart would probably beg to differ.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's crazy talk. Emasculating Roman is how he'll get sympathy, pal!

Remember when he was crying after that match that time. Well. that showed he had heart. LOOK PAL, HE CAN BE A BADASS AND A CUCK AT THE SAME TIME DAMN IT.

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

If that's Lil Naitch,  he saw him do dropkicks in WCW, so a flying elbow shouldn't be that big a deal. 

He was probably having visions of Randy Savage crushing his chest cavity.
elbow.gif

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

I was willing to give the first Roman/Cena "shoot promo battle" a pass because I felt they toed the Promo 101 line.

(NOTE: Promo 101 states "if you call your opponent a loser and you beat a loser...who did you beat? Or worse...what happens when that loser beats you?")

But this second one was kinda shitty, with Roman outright calling Cena shitty/old, and burying Jason Jordan for no reason, and both of them talking about genitalia and being fake-ass bitches. The emotion is there, and the "I don't respect you" part is fine and all, but the verbiage needs a lot of work.

They should have had Roman crush Jordan next week THEN call out Cena on his performance. Reigns on commentary probably would have been a better choice.

• Like 1

I caught the hulu version so I have no idea what I missed.

Jordan/Cena was pretty damn good. The promo between Cena and Reigns was less of a disaster than last week but still not good.

Miz/Jeff was good though I suspect the finish was screwed up a bit with the clean victory by the Miz.

Nia/Emma vs. Sasha/Alexa was solid. Duh the promo with Angle and the post match.

Braun/Show was another fine match between them. The post match slam through the cage was awesome, but I'm still hoping Show gets a proper nice send off. Same with Henry for that matter.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, blitzkrieg said:

They should have had Roman crush Jordan next week THEN call out Cena on his performance. Reigns on commentary probably would have been a better choice.

Which of course means, Jordan is going to beat Roman via a fluke roll-up next week. 

Holy shit. 

The only thing I could think of during that main where Braun fucking flung Big Show around like a bag of feathers was the "Do You Know That You Are Very Strong?" page from Sesame Street's The Monster At The End Of This Book.

• Like 2

Still slowly going through the show: some crazy bumps from Jeff Hardy, what a guy! Also, for as much as people seem to hate Enzo, the guy sure gets a LOT of time to cut promos. Like, Rock-n-Sock Connection levels of talking too much. Shows you how high the company is on  him.

• Like 1