DVDVR Message Board

MAE YOUNG CLASSIC - EPISODE 8 (SEMIS)

RIPPA

On 9/8/2017 at 3:47 PM, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

I'm probably going to start in on this tournament this weekend but having never seen anything of Toni Storm before, is the way she is in that Face to Face interview above her usual schtick? Cause, if so, she is hilarious and adorable and notmeaningtobecreepybuttotallygoingtosoundcreepy, I think I'm in love.

Yea, totally creepy. Settle down...and all that.

But, dammit, she used the word splendid as an adjective. This needs to happen more.

Yeah, in one of the other threads I described her as the girl you'd fall in love with, but all your friends would find annoying.  She has got a lot of shit around here for being a little over the top with her mannerisms and little hat, but I find her goofiness endearing.  If there is any place on the planet where being a giant goof should be celebrated it is pro wrestling.

7 minutes ago, Hagan said:

I can't believe people hate the tiny hat.

Toni's stuff in PROGRESS is fun and her presentation is a little less goofy.

Fuck that, I like the goofiness.  There really isn't much I'd change about her presentation, I kind of like having someone who is bit of a spaz running around being goofy.  Of all the women in this tournament, she's the only one who seems to understand that wrestling doesn't have to be super serious all of the time.  I'm surrounded by super serious assholes all the time, I look to wrestling to find goofballs and weirdos.  Toni is a bit of a strange bird, but not enough for it to bother me.  Let her be her.  She's young, talented, and seems to really love what she's doing, all of those things mean much more than what she looks like in her little hat.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't understand the Baszler love. Find that her stuff doesn't translate well at all.

Used to annoy me when Angle would often be out mat wrestled by anyone and everyone, did the spot to death and lost the novelty quickly. Baszler is the polar opposite. Never emotes (without overdoing it like a Iceman Malenko gimmick) or gives off the impression she's ever in danger. 

No one has come out of a match with her looking good. I get that there's dominant monsters but plenty get over as the plucky underdog so close, or took a huge beating. Here, just guzzles people, takes the majority of the offence, no sells/makes their big spots look like shit.

Awful