DVDVR Message Board

NXT SEPTEMBER 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

She "deserves" it? She's obviously been groomed to be champ from the start, and I think she has been missing something up until that outstanding Takeover match.  Personally, I'd love to see Nikki Cross usher in the reboot.  I think she's been a total overachiever from day one.  

Take it for what you will, but: WWE usually puts the champions as the last three people in the NXT opening.

For this update to the opening, the final three were McIntyre, Sanity...and the Iconic Duo.

4 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

She "deserves" it? She's obviously been groomed to be champ from the start, and I think she has been missing something up until that outstanding Takeover match.  Personally, I'd love to see Nikki Cross usher in the reboot.  I think she's been a total overachiever from day one.  

I dont mean deserves it from a "worked her butt ofoff for a decade to get here" deserves it.

I mean it more as a "You spent all this time building her, pull the damn trigger and let her run with it" kinda deserves it.

5 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Take it for what you will, but: WWE usually puts the champions as the last three people in the NXT opening.

For this update to the opening, the final three were McIntyre, Sanity...and the Iconic Duo.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.  To be precise, it went Sanity, the Most Iconic Duo, and McIntyre.

14 hours ago, hammerva said:
  Hide contents

Not sure what is more interesting to me so far in the tapings:   Lio Rush debuts and is attacked by his former MCW tag team partner the Velveteen Dream or that apparently Dream next feud is with Aliestar Black 

I swear to shit if they mention their MCW team I'll lose my mind.  It's just crazy to comprehend that this will be going on on a WWE show.

And if the house show match I saw is any indication you're going to be very pleased with this Black/Dream feud.

I was at the Bethlehem, PA show tonight. Main event was Drew McIntyre vs. Andrade Cien Almas. The rest of the card was:

Roderick Strong vs. Hideo Itami

Undisputed Era vs. Sanity

Johnny Gargano vs. Raul Mendoza

Lars Sullivan vs. Oney Lorcan

Kairi Sane vs. Sonya Deville

Iconic Duo vs. Liv Morgan & Dakota Kai

Street Prophets vs. Moss & Sabbatelli.

There were more Bullet Club shirts in the crowd than any other. The most nxt shirts I noticed was probably Johnny Gargano. Kairi Sane got a happy birthday chant. I had to hold back the tears when the Bobby Heenan tribute video played before the show.

On 9/24/2017 at 12:14 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was at the Bethlehem, PA show tonight. Main event was Drew McIntyre vs. Andrade Cien Almas. The rest of the card was:

Roderick Strong vs. Hideo Itami

Undisputed Era vs. Sanity

Johnny Gargano vs. Raul Mendoza

Lars Sullivan vs. Oney Lorcan

Kairi Sane vs. Sonya Deville

Iconic Duo vs. Liv Morgan & Dakota Kai

Street Prophets vs. Moss & Sabbatelli.

There were more Bullet Club shirts in the crowd than any other. The most nxt shirts I noticed was probably Johnny Gargano. Kairi Sane got a happy birthday chant. I had to hold back the tears when the Bobby Heenan tribute video played before the show.

I was one of the few people at the Kingston show (surprising it was sold out this time last April and was virtually empty for this show- hoping this doesn't kick Kingston off the loop.) 

Only differences from the card were: McIntyre/Itami was the main with Strong/Almas, and Icons/Kairi and Dakota with Sonya/Liv.

Mandy Rose is really good for only having about two years of in ring experience. She held up her end against Asuka back in February at the Asbury Park house show. She looked like she belonged in the ring and understood what she was supposed to do. Compare that to Eva Marie, who never lost that "deer in headlights" look.