DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER 2017 GIFS

The Natural

3 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Isn't it weird no ones ever been able to hit a top rope elbow as sweet as Macho Man? HBK's kinda came close. CM Punk's... we don't talk about that

Michaels' was good. I like Kazuchika Okada's. None top Savage's.

Can't decide if this is a cool spot.... or a giant dick move.  I'm leaning towards the latter.  Besides, from a kayfabe perspective, you'd hurt your opponent more if you caught him and slammed him to the canvas.  Letting him bounce off you like this is basically.... cushioning his fall?

If there was a follow up spot later in the match where black trunks finally knocks the big guy down with some missile dropkick or something, I'd imagine the crowd would pop. So I'm in the camp of cool spot if it leads to a high spot where the underdog takes down the massive beast.

23 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

If there was a follow up spot later in the match where black trunks finally knocks the big guy down with some missile dropkick or something, I'd imagine the crowd would pop. So I'm in the camp of cool spot if it leads to a high spot where the underdog takes down the massive beast.

Just for the record - black trunks guy is Jonathan Gresham

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:
I get sad watching Gary Albright. Imagine what his run in NOAH would've been like

There's a Vader/Tenta vs Albright/Yamazaki match on YouTube. The tension between Albright and Vader is out of this world. Fan-fucking-tastic.

• Like 1

It was 10 minutes long. I got 3 before the baby woke up. Also, I haven't seen much of him in that role since there isn't a ton of that era of CMLL on youtube. This was a parejas increibles that went up this last week with Cien Caras/Rayo vs Steel/Atlantis. Steel stalled to start. Rayo wanted him badly. The tecnicos did a little exchange. The rudos came in. Rayo refused to leave because he wanted Steel so bad. Caras wanted to go up against him. Rayo pushed Caras away. Repeatedly. Caras shrugged and the rudos started double teaming the tecnicos. That's as far as I got. Stupid, arrogant Rayo. Steel's execution didn't look so hot but he had the heatseeking down already, it seemed.

7 hours ago, Matt D said:

It was 10 minutes long. I got 3 before the baby woke up. Also, I haven't seen much of him in that role since there isn't a ton of that era of CMLL on youtube. This was a parejas increibles that went up this last week with Cien Caras/Rayo vs Steel/Atlantis. Steel stalled to start. Rayo wanted him badly. The tecnicos did a little exchange. The rudos came in. Rayo refused to leave because he wanted Steel so bad. Caras wanted to go up against him. Rayo pushed Caras away. Repeatedly. Caras shrugged and the rudos started double teaming the tecnicos. That's as far as I got. Stupid, arrogant Rayo. Steel's execution didn't look so hot but he had the heatseeking down already, it seemed.

ISTR they were starting to build to a Steel/Atlantis apuestas match before Steel jumped to Promo Azteca.