DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER 2017 GIFS

The Natural

On 9/9/2017 at 1:23 PM, PetrolCB said:

I always wondered how Bobby Eaton never hit his head on the ceiling at Techwood doing the Alabama Jam. 

I seem to remember Bobby hitting the lights once and having a gel come down with him while he was crushing a job guy.

• Like 1

IRRC, Pac climbed the turnbuckle at a UK show I attended years ago - then climbed back down when he realized he'd hit the ceiling if he did a move off the top.  If you were about six feet tall and stood on top of the turnbuckle, you had a couple inches of clearance.

Anyways:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Way back when, Jerry Lawler actually worked a match for JAPW at the Charity Hall in Bayonne. The Hall (formerly an A&P supermarket) had a notoriously short ceiling, and Jerry did a great job acting "spooked" by how short it was when he went up for the fistdrop. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Way back when, Jerry Lawler actually worked a match for JAPW at the Charity Hall in Bayonne. The Hall (formerly an A&P supermarket) had a notoriously short ceiling, and Jerry did a great job acting "spooked" by how short it was when he went up for the fistdrop. :)

Those are my favorite times in wrestling, when you're just having fun in the moment: screw the shit we had planned, let's just play off this thing that's happened (a low ceiling, a weird crowd reaction, whatever), and see where it leads.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

Those are my favorite times in wrestling, when you're just having fun in the moment: screw the shit we had planned, let's just play off this thing that's happened (a low ceiling, a weird crowd reaction, whatever), and see where it leads.

You'll appreciate this. We like to joke about how Tony Kozina was the only guy who never had issues with the ceiling there. :lol:

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2017 at 3:45 PM, Technico Support said:

Vince takes a beating to get a wrestler over: one step forward

Stephanie shows zero fear and browbeats the same wrestler into walking away minutes later: 10,000 steps back

LOL @ this fucking company

I noticed that too, and had pretty much the same reaction. If Stephanie isn't willing to show ass, then she shouldn't be an on screen character. It isn't even a matter of not doing man on women violence and TV-PG.  All KO had to do was stare her down and have her show some fear to the psycho that just beat the shit out of her father. Stephanie McMahon, the tv character, can go fuck off.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I noticed that too, and had pretty much the same reaction. If Stephanie isn't willing to show ass, then she shouldn't be an on screen character. It isn't even a matter of not doing man on women violence and TV-PG.  All KO had to do was stare her down and have her show some fear to psycho that just beat the shit out of her father. Stephanie McMahon, the tv character, can go fuck off.

Or just not have her show up at all.  What was the purpose of her presence in that segment?  Aside from making her look bigger and tougher than the wrestlers (again), what was she there for?

As an influence on writing, she's a cancer.  And I don't mean that in some smarky or MRA bullshit way.  I mean you literally have an on-air performer, who is also in a position of authority, influencing how she's written to the extent that it benefits nobody but herself.  She's not a wrestler, can never get comeuppance, and no angle with her doing this kind of shit will ever draw.  The only reason she's written like this is to stroke her sad little ego.  God damn, at least Hogan in WCW tried to occasionally give the illusion that he was giving back a little.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I noticed that too, and had pretty much the same reaction. If Stephanie isn't willing to show ass, then she shouldn't be an on screen character. It isn't even a matter of not doing man on women violence and TV-PG.  All KO had to do was stare her down and have her show some fear to psycho that just beat the shit out of her father. Stephanie McMahon, the tv character, can go fuck off.

Having been a bouncer for four years now, women in real life will absolutely wade right into a barfight and scream at the idiot that that threw a punch...regardless of how big said guy is. I've seen it countless times. A lot of women have this idea in their heads that they will never get hurt, ever, and the TV persona of uber-bitch Stephane McMahon--when coupled with the fact that she's a self-righteous rich asshole boss--makes sense, IMHO, to do the same in a wrestling situation.

• Like 2