DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The Natural

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Now I'm thinking about this Hater's Ball Invitational in all seriousness and realize nobody's brought up Layfield yet. We should open up the field for non-active performers too

Oooo, even better! Have an 'in-ring', 'announcer', 'booker' category, etc. Make it the Razzies of wrestling.

I think JBL had too many good matches for me to vote for him.  Plus, he once wore a shirt that said "Always Pounding Ass"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Oh god I'd totally forgot about this. It was a great idea in theory (bringing the boom period to the masses) and Channel 4 completely fucked up. AND they kept splicing in in AD BREAKS!!! How many PPVs did they have? Sunday Night Heat started off great too on T4 but the hosts just passed it off as daft rubbish 

Like you, I was at school. 8 PPVs on Channel 4: Royal Rumble 2000-2001, Backlash 2000-2001, Fully Loaded 2000, Armageddon 2000, Invasion 2001 and Vengeance 2001. Yep, ad breaks as well.

37 minutes ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

The Bullet Club "invasion of Raw" is one of the lamest things I've seen in a long time. You can't put out a tweet saying "We aren't playing" if your invasion is just you dicking around outside Raw. 

If Cody wasn't in that pic I would have thought those were just a couple of fans goofing around in the parking lot before the show.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Chris Jericho was on Live Audio Wrestling and revealed that creative (including Triple H) tried to change the way Owens turned on Jericho.

Jericho: The day that we had the show, Vince wasn’t there and they tried to change it to where Kevin would just attack me. And my thing was the whole drama of revealing the list of KO and “hey how come my name’s on this” and the looking up and the feeling of oh (expletive) don’t do it, don’t do it and then he attacks me.

Jericho: I had to fight for that all day long and there was some real heated debates going on between me and Triple H and a couple of other people. I said this is the way we’re doing it. It’s the way I explained it to Vince and Paul was like “I’ll call Vince right now, he’s in a plane, I don’t care I’ll find him. I’ll send a carrier pigeon to get him”. And finally I think it was just exasperation, just do whatever you want.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:
Chris Jericho was on Live Audio Wrestling and revealed that creative (including Triple H) tried to change the way Owens turned on Jericho.

Jericho: The day that we had the show, Vince wasn’t there and they tried to change it to where Kevin would just attack me. And my thing was the whole drama of revealing the list of KO and “hey how come my name’s on this” and the looking up and the feeling of oh (expletive) don’t do it, don’t do it and then he attacks me.

Jericho: I had to fight for that all day long and there was some real heated debates going on between me and Triple H and a couple of other people. I said this is the way we’re doing it. It’s the way I explained it to Vince and Paul was like “I’ll call Vince right now, he’s in a plane, I don’t care I’ll find him. I’ll send a carrier pigeon to get him”. And finally I think it was just exasperation, just do whatever you want.

Chris Jericho was right to. One of the best/angles segments in a long ass time. So well done, likewise JeriKO.