Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
The Natural

SEPTEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Does everything have to be about The Rock? Seriously. :rolleyes:

Once he is President, yes. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's already starring in 40% of all films ever made, isn't that enough?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw the Roman Reigns tweet thing. How fucking dumb is this guy? Regardless of your beliefs, don't take the bait. If you do take the bait, maybe not come off like a giant hypocrite and an asshole?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Just saw the Roman Reigns tweet thing. How fucking dumb is this guy? Regardless of your beliefs, don't take the bait. If you do take the bait, maybe not come off like a giant hypocrite and an asshole?

I can't tell if "this guy" means Reigns or the guy he reacted against.  I agree with you, if it's the latter.  Very often, I've found that "atheist" and "asshole" have more than "start with the letter A" in common.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, nate said:

I can't tell if "this guy" means Reigns or the guy he reacted against.  I agree with you, if it's the latter.  Very often, I've found that "atheist" and "asshole" have more than "start with the letter A" in common.

And yet, I've found the opposite, but that's for another discussion. Anyway, in this case, this guy refers more to Roman. Again, don't take the bait. Roman did and his response just came off really offensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always enjoy when we do the thing where we talk around a topic without actually explaining what the hell we're talking about.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was Roman's response to an atheistic response. He would have been better off not feeding the trolls and just leaving it alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy is a dumbass for the response in the first place, there's no point in it, but Roman took the bait like a fool as well. Both are morons.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think WWE needs more social media guidelines in place than just "no tweeting after midnight."  Seriously, doesn't the NBA or some other sports league bring in advisors/social media coaches to teach guys how not to be dumb online?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The guy is a dumbass for the response in the first place, there's no point in it, but Roman took the bait like a fool as well. Both are morons.

Agreed. Somehow, someway, both managed to come off incredibly intolerant, insensitive, and like asses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Technico Support said:

I think WWE needs more social media guidelines in place than just "no tweeting after midnight."  Seriously, doesn't the NBA or some other sports league bring in advisors/social media coaches to teach guys how not to be dumb online?

UFC does or did. There were seminars for how to conduct yourself online, how to build your profile, increase your visibility, and avoid situations that will leave you looking like an asshole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why celebrities have their publicists pay people to do their twitter accounts. Also, why they end up half full of ads for useless crap depending on the celeb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An eternity of nothing sounds like heaven anyway, after 50 years in the work force and all the stress of bringing up a family.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Craig H said:

This was Roman's response to an atheistic response. He would have been better off not feeding the trolls and just leaving it alone.

On a side note, how many of Roman's tweets sound like something Doctor Doom or Skeletor would say?

  • Like 9
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

On a side note, how many of Roman's tweets sound like something Doctor Doom or Skeletor would say?

Roman could only wish to be half as cool as Skeletor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not a lot of forgiveness in a most (if any) of those responses.

 

christianity.  you're doing it wrong.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every one of RReign's tweets should be "Sufferin' Succotash!!!". In fact, every one of all the WWE Superstars (tm) tweets should be the lamest catch-phrase (c) the writing squad came up for them, ad infinitum. 

- RAF

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

On a side note, how many of Roman's tweets sound like something Doctor Doom or Skeletor would say?

There was that period of time where every other tweet was him signing off with "CURSE YOU RICHARDS!" It was super weird.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 0:03 PM, PetrolCB said:

Wyatt can replace Buscemi's character. Shit, he even sings "He's Got the Whole World In His Hands" in it. 

Hell, remake the damn movie with all WWE guys in it while we're at it. 

Ok, I'm doing this cuz it sounds way more interesting than "Roman is an idiot on Twitter".

  • Cameron Poe (Nick Cage) - Southern badass. Doesn't really emote a ton. AJ Styles.
  • Vince Larkin (John Cusack) - John Cena. No it doesn't work at all, but he's gotta be in ONE of the leading roles, and I'd rather see AJ as Cameron Poe.
  • Cyrus the Virus (John Malkovich) - I've already thought of all the Don Callis jokes and I didn't find any of them funny. I was thinking of another role for him, but I can't see anyone better for this than Miz.
  • Garland "Marietta Mangler" Greene (Steve Buscemi) - I'm going with Petrol's casting and putting Bray Wyatt there.
  • Nathan "Diamond Dog" Jones (Ving Rhames) - Mark Henry
  • Duncan Malloy (Colm Meaney) - Sheamus
  • Johnny-23 Baca (Danny Trejo) - Rusev
  • Earl "Swamp Thing" Williams (M.C. Gainey) - Luke Harper
  • William "Billy Bedlam" Bedford (Nick Chinlund) - Bo Dallas
  • Joe "Pinball" Parker (Dave Chappelle) - Xavier Woods
  • Mike "Baby-O" O'Dell (Mykelti Williamson) - Big E
  • Guard Sally Bishop - Sasha Banks
  • Guard Falzon - Curtis Axel
  • Tricia Poe - Lana
  • Casey Poe - Izzy

And the one you've all been waiting for

  • Ramon "Sally Can't Dance" Martinez - Velveteen Dream
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I kinda forgot about the Mae Young Classic until they announced the live finals were this week...

Give me your honest opinion: Is it worth watching?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cristobal said:

 

  • Nathan "Diamond Dog" Jones (Ving Rhames) - Mark Henry

Nathan Jones should play Nathan Jones.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WWE confirmed that Big Show is having hip surgery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

So, I kinda forgot about the Mae Young Classic until they announced the live finals were this week...

Give me your honest opinion: Is it worth watching?

I really wasn't sure about it since it was a mix of women I didn't know (so they could've been bad) and rookies, but outside of one match in the first round it's a fun outing so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...