Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
The Natural

SEPTEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Recommended Posts

EDIT - Yuki Ishikawa being talked about on a WWE program is something I was not expecting today

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the first time Santino's appeared on anything WWE related with his own accent?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Stone Cold was answering fan questions about whose sell of the stunner he liked most, I was a little disappointed Santino didn't get a mention:

CautiousSpitefulBasil-size_restricted.gi

The whole build up to that was so funny. I miss Santino

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corbin was justifiable in his response to the doctor to me. He's also fully justified to be part of the NFL Lawsuit, although it is weird he'd go into pro wrestling knowing the risks. That part is confusing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way I read it, it is more so because he didn't take the doctor aside and talk to him. It's one of those stupid unwritten backstage WWE rules that I believe they make up to not push people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that and not making them aware that he was part of the concussion lawsuit

At least that's how I read it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's an independent contractor he doesn't have to tell them shit, that doesn't pertain to the job the have contracted him to do. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

He's an independent contractor he doesn't have to tell them shit, that doesn't pertain to the job the have contracted him to do. 

Logic still doesn't prevent the WWE from being petty with him

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Logic doesn't prevent WWE from being ran by sociopaths and con artists.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems smart to depush someone for questioning a doctor about concussions. That's just the type of story that could work its way from the observer to deadspin to espn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

Seems smart to depush someone for questioning a doctor about concussions. That's just the type of story that could work its way from the observer to deadspin to espn. 

If "company part-owned by U.S. president's small business admin head routinely flouts independent contractor and labor laws" hasn't caught fire a press that's insatiable for dirt on this clown show of a presidency , I sincerely doubt "balding skinnyfat goon forced to lose fake fights for arguing with doctor" will.  Nobody outside a very specific bubble cares about the plight of pro wrestlers.  Always try to understand how the mainstream thinks of pro wrestling, wrestlers, and its fans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know enough about class action suits. Would Corbin bumping weekly on television preclude him from it at some point,  or can the defendants not cherry pick among the collective complaints?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (BP) said:

I don't know enough about class action suits. Would Corbin bumping weekly on television preclude him from it at some point,  or can the defendants not cherry pick among the collective complaints?  

I was thinking that too. Wouldn't it be like the old Lloyds of London deal that got Hennig pissed and made him leave?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

If "company part-owned by U.S. president's small business admin head routinely flouts independent contractor and labor laws" hasn't caught fire a press that's insatiable for dirt on this clown show of a presidency , I sincerely doubt "balding skinnyfat goon forced to lose fake fights for arguing with doctor" will.  Nobody outside a very specific bubble cares about the plight of pro wrestlers.  Always try to understand how the mainstream thinks of pro wrestling, wrestlers, and its fans.

I agree that nobody outside of the bubble cares about the plight of pro wrestlers. However, the issue of concussions resonates as you have the nfl tie in. The fact that the WWE uses a controversial dr. with connections to the nfl just makes it juicier. 

Kind of like how wrestling got dragged into the pro sports steroid scandals. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

I agree that nobody outside of the bubble cares about the plight of pro wrestlers. However, the issue of concussions resonates as you have the nfl tie in. The fact that the WWE uses a controversial dr. with connections to the nfl just makes it juicier. 

Kind of like how wrestling got dragged into the pro sports steroid scandals. 

 

True, but when there were hearings on sports and steroids, it was Bonds, McGuire, etc in front of congress, not the Ultimate Warrior.  Because 1) lawmakers want to rub elbows with famous jocks and celebs, not circus freaks and 2) the general public thinks wrestling is a joke and would scream about taxpayer dollars being wasted if Joe Congressman was seen on C-Span grilling some phony rassler about roids.   America's Pastime (tm) is sacred...who cares if drugs have killed far more wrestlers than all the "real athletes" in other sports combined?  The general public just thinks of wrestlers as roided up morons not athletic enough for a real sport and too dumb to be actors.  Why worry about saving them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

When Stone Cold was answering fan questions about whose sell of the stunner he liked most, I was a little disappointed Santino didn't get a mention:

CautiousSpitefulBasil-size_restricted.gi

The whole build up to that was so funny. I miss Santino

They tried to make me watch The Condemned but I said No, No No, it's a sad fact, Stonecold can't act, he should Go, Go, Go. He likes to hang out in bars, I gave his movie zero stars. They tried to make me watch The Condemned, I said No, No No.

That whole baiting Austin period was hilarious. When he was on form, Santino was legit one of my all time favourite comedy wrestlers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

They tried to make me watch The Condemned but I said No, No No, it's a sad fact, Stonecold can't act, he should Go, Go, Go. He likes to hang out in bars, I gave his movie zero stars. They tried to make me watch The Condemned, I said No, No No.

That whole baiting Austin period was hilarious. When he was on form, Santino was legit one of my all time favourite comedy wrestlers.

I forget when exactly it was, but he was getting the jobber entrance on Raw. He got intro'd, saw himself on the TitanTron, got a huge smile and went "hey, that'sa me!" Too fucking funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christy Hemme announced that she was pregnant with quadruplets 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

They tried to make me watch The Condemned but I said No, No No, it's a sad fact, Stonecold can't act, he should Go, Go, Go. He likes to hang out in bars, I gave his movie zero stars. They tried to make me watch The Condemned, I said No, No No.

That whole baiting Austin period was hilarious. When he was on form, Santino was legit one of my all time favourite comedy wrestlers.

The only bad thing was they did that stupid theme song tease and Austin did not come out. So when Austin really did appear, it did not get a pop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Ace said:

Is this the first time Santino's appeared on anything WWE related with his own accent?

 

Didn't he appear in an Upupdowndown episode without the accent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

They tried to make me watch The Condemned but I said No, No No, it's a sad fact, Stonecold can't act, he should Go, Go, Go. He likes to hang out in bars, I gave his movie zero stars. They tried to make me watch The Condemned, I said No, No No.

That whole baiting Austin period was hilarious. When he was on form, Santino was legit one of my all time favourite comedy wrestlers.

I remember I got really hammered on one Independence Day and bought 3 of Stone Cold's movies, ConAir, The Last Dragon and Demolition Man. If I hadn't gotten married on another July 4th, I'd say that was the best Independence Day ever.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

I remember I got really hammered on one Independence Day and bought 3 of Stone Cold's movies, ConAir, The Last Dragon and Demolition Man. If I hadn't gotten married on another July 4th, I'd say that was the best Independence Day ever.

Stone Cold as Cyrus in "Con Air" would've been awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, (BP) said:

I don't know enough about class action suits. Would Corbin bumping weekly on television preclude him from it at some point,  or can the defendants not cherry pick among the collective complaints?  

There's just one complaint against the defendant, with the plaintiffs being a class of similarly situated people, i.e., people who played for NFL teams during a certain period.  The fact that Corbin later wrestled wouldn't remove him from that class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...