DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The Natural

I've really gotten into the concept of "Don't watch shit you hate" (also: no cable) . So I don't see Enzo, Ambrose, Ziggles, or Davey. I think the closest to somebody I still watch and don't like is YOSHI-HASHI.

3 hours ago, Ace said:

I don't hate Marty Scurll, I just don't understand why people like him once the bell rings.

I was with him all the way up to when he started to wear the plague doctor mask. It just comes off like he's trying really hard to be a spooky heel but all I see is a Ren Fair nerd. And I hate the finger breaking shtick.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The WWE is really playing up the Hawkins losing streak thing now so imagine the most infuriating way for them to end it and then they will trump that

The most infuriating way to end it is the one way WWE doesn't have the guts to do, though (Hawkins's first win is Asuka's first loss), so how can they trump that? 

And if so, would it get Hawkins into the draw?

Hawkins is billed as 6'1 and 223 pounds. 

Too bad WWE isn't aggressively trying to tap into the Long Island market as they are India cuz I much rather see Hawkins as WWE Champion instead of Jinder Mahal.

They won't go this route but if Hawkins won on a fluke and kept winning by flukes and started going on a 117th match win streak he could be huge.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

I was with him all the way up to when he started to wear the plague doctor mask. It just comes off like he's trying really hard to be a spooky heel but all I see is a Ren Fair nerd. And I hate the finger breaking shtick.

The plague doctor outfit is the best thing about Marty Scurll.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There is nothing remotely good about anything to do with Marty Scurll. I have seen yardtards with better fundamentals. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, nate said:

I've been thinking about this lately, reading thru the past weeks worth of posts ... say there's a March Madness style tourney of Most Hated Wrestlers Of The Now.  Who goes in?  Who's the favorite to "win"?

I've seen strong arguments for:

Marty Scrull - Ziggler - Enzo - Sexy Star - Mahal - ...

All good choices! Let's see... Sexy Star has annoyed me for years. Enzo makes me reach for a can of RAID! Jinder has always just bored me to tears, but I could dig seeing Nak kick his teeth in. Ziggler reminds me of this dipshit I knew in high school who would never chip in on the beer, saying "I'm not having any tonight." Then as soon as we bought the beer, (yeah, you guessed it), "Oh, perhaps I'll have a couple..." Fuckhead. But Marty,  sweet tap-dancing Jebus, you have to just be beyond the pale to make NJPW unwatchable and that miserable fuck can kill a show in ten seconds. Honest to God, I would rather watch a "Best of Will Ospreay" than put up with this idiot.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Like, I was fine with just the fur coat and maybe the umbrella but the coat, the top hat, the mask, and the umbrella all together makes him look like one of The Penguin's low level mooks from that Gotham TV show. Like at any minute I expect Batman to show up and beat him, and 10 other guys dressed just like him, up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Hawkins is billed as 6'1 and 223 pounds. 

Too bad WWE isn't aggressively trying to tap into the Long Island market as they are India cuz I much rather see Hawkins as WWE Champion instead of Jinder Mahal.

They won't go this route but if Hawkins won on a fluke and kept winning by flukes and started going on a 117th match win streak he could be huge.

I'd like for anyone to explain to me why Curt Hawkins would be any worse or different then than Jinder if given the same push, besides WWE wellness gas. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, OSJ said:

But Marty, sweet tap-dancing Jebus, you have to just be beyond the pale to make NJPW unwatchable and that miserable fuck can kill a show in ten seconds. Honest to God, I would rather watch a "Best of Will Ospreay" than put up with this idiot.

I just couldn't help myself. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I got 38 seconds into that video. How did everyone else do?

I was signing book pages so I let the whole thing run. Gak! 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Jeff Hardy has a torn rotator cuff and requires surgery 

Jeff Hardy selfishly tore his rotator cuff on purpose, and when he comes back he should be forced to win back the tag team titles BY HIMSELF!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I like Curt Hawkins and think he'd make a good IC or US champion under the right circumstances. He seems super likeable from various interviews and his Developmentally Speaking series, and he has sweet gear. 

It's this type of delusional thinking that led people to believe that Zack Ryder could be a main eventer.

29 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I got 38 seconds into that video. How did everyone else do?

I tapped out at 47.