DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The Natural

Marty Jannetty weighs in on the kneeling NFL players

Marty Jannetty
1 hr · 

KNEELING ON THE NATIONAL ANTHEM??

Totally disrespecting our war heroes, such as my brother!!

lM RESPECTFULLY ASKING ANYONE TO SCHOOL ME ON ANYTHING IM GETTING WRONG HERE ON A RACE ISSUE..IM READY TO LEARN:

Look man, participating in sports my entire life(since 10 years old) AND growing up in the south(Georgia) in the Martin Luther King era, I had as many black friends as white..and, being 100 real about it, for whatever reasons I really had/have better chemistry with my black friends(and girlfriends) maybe because they seem to understand me and my ways better..IDK, but..

In staying completely real on what I'm saying, in today's society my black people are WAY more racist than my white people..oh there's definitely racism on both sides, I hear it all the time when there's not mixed company..and out of respect for me, knowing how I live and feel, BOTH sides tone it down when I'm around..I can only imagine the shit that is said when I'm not around..yes there's still some racism on BOTH sides but in my experiences(and every interracial family will know what I'm saying here is VERY ACCURATE) there's more racism percentage wise in my blacks and more intense..

I can't tell you how many times over the years my black friends have come to me and asked "yo MJ, whatcha gonna do when the war pops off, whose side you gonna be on. If not ours, we love you bruh but you can't be coming in our hoods anymore. We don't want you to get got and we won't be able to save you every time" But my answer is always the same "what am I suppose to do? My daughter Bianca is black AND I consider my close black friends my family as I do ALL my close friends. And I'm white, my family is white. Why the hell would I pick a side?" I don't mean to sound pussified passive like the majority of my whites but I'm not gonna go killing my own people..and EVERYONE who wants to be, WILL BE my people..

Now that we're closer than ever to this war popping off..my black people are war ready..they been killing and dealing in their streets for decades..most of my white people get quizzy at the THOUGHT of blood.. and, the majority of us whites just want peace for all..equality for all..so, aren't interested in fighting back..actually bowing down to the demands of my blacks "take that damn racist confederate flag down" and my whites get all sad but say "OK".. "take that damn racist General Lee monument down" my whites cry, try to resist but then say "OK" ..and the list of shit like that goes on and on..and, instead of saying "Thank You" my brothers flex up and demand more..and, they get it..and BTW, why are the General Lee Memorial's all of sudden offensive & oppressive? Theyve been there for 60 years .

It's become a case of what I call BLACK BULLYING!! and since I live on both sides of the coin, I can see it, and call it AS IT IS!!! I just wonder if my whites will ever stand up for themselves without worrying about it being called racist..I do believe my blacks will respect that way more than this passive ass stuff and we all can better appreciate and work on BOTH side's concerns..that's the only way!!

Please tell me where all I'm wrong on this..

Well... we would try, Marty... But half of that seems full of shit and the rest is a garbled mess.

But hey. Thanks for catering to racist white people's fears and promoting race wars, you total asshat.

• Like 1

I don't hate Brock. It's probably not his fault he's still champ and I'm sure whatever road agent works with Lesnar is just like, "do a lot of suplex city and then one F5 will finish because we need to get that over as a one hit kill because when Roman kicks out of it, it will be a big deal."

Ziggler though...Who is worse than Ziggler? This motherfucker's assault on our ear drums is worse than Sexy Star attacking one wrestler's arm. It's practically an ear drum and eyesight holocaust. His style is the Big Lots of wrestling. Everything is super generic and a mishmash of so many other looks and styles. From the fucking lame as shit Megadeath patch and all the other patches on that denim vest, to looking like Brian Pillman, to then looking like a hair metal rocker, and none of it with any amount of self-awareness to play it up as a joke...Just fuck him. He fucking sucks in the ring too. His current shtick of being the best performer and how no one gets it is maybe the worst gimmick to come along in a long time. No one gets it because he sucks.

And people like me are to blame. There was a time where I didn't want to see Ziggler leave. I thought he still had potential. Then came that Miz feud and it was like, holy shit, maybe he really is salvageable.

NOPE.

He sucks. He's the note worst.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

Marty Jannetty weighs in on the kneeling NFL players

That first paragraph telegraphs, "There's some dumbass racist shit about to come out of my facehole."

Verdict: Met expectations.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I don't hate Brock. It's probably not his fault he's still champ and I'm sure whatever road agent works with Lesnar is just like, "do a lot of suplex city and then one F5 will finish because we need to get that over as a one hit kill because when Roman kicks out of it, it will be a big deal."

Ziggler though...Who is worse than Ziggler? This motherfucker's assault on our ear drums is worse than Sexy Star attacking one wrestler's arm. It's practically an ear drum and eyesight holocaust. His style is the Big Lots of wrestling. Everything is super generic and a mishmash of so many other looks and styles. From the fucking lame as shit Megadeath patch and all the other patches on that denim vest, to looking like Brian Pillman, to then looking like a hair metal rocker, and none of it with any amount of self-awareness to play it up as a joke...Just fuck him. He fucking sucks in the ring too. His current shtick of being the best performer and how no one gets it is maybe the worst gimmick to come along in a long time. No one gets it because he sucks.

And people like me are to blame. There was a time where I didn't want to see Ziggler leave. I thought he still had potential. Then came that Miz feud and it was like, holy shit, maybe he really is salvageable.

NOPE.

He sucks. He's the note worst.

See, its advocating like this that I'd love to read.  Also would get a kick out of the "well, Wrestler X isn't so bad" defenses.

There's probably not 64 or even 32 *truly* hated wrestlers out there active today ... But there's gotta be 16, surely.

I would enjoy the hell out of a DeepThoughts with Marty Jannetty segment each week on the Network.

I don't know why we need to have a tournament. Ziggler is going to win by a landslide. From a hate-ability standpoint, he's in rareified air. From entrance to promos to in-ring work not a single-part of his character is working. As annoying as Enzo is, he's not a "show-off" and more often than not he's getting tossed around like a bag of crap... which is watchable and extremely satisfying. Meanwhile, Ziggler is going toe to toe with Nak.

I would suggest taking Ziggler out of the tournament and just call the whole thing the Dolph Ziggler Invitational. 

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That's my one concern - that the final is already set at Ziggler vs Enzo

That might be the case, but it'd still be a pretty spirited tournament leading up to it.  And at this rate it appears it'll be more active than March Madness.

I do ask that if we're going through with this tournament (please make it happen) then this needs to be the official picture:

Spoiler

p48uldt.jpg

• Like 1

This WWE Unreleased DVD has become wonderfully random towards the end of the first disk.  Shaun Mooney's audition tape, Crush using a tombstone as a finisher, Earthquake looking like a lumberjack and shockingly having the best match on the DVD so far with Paul Roma, Hulk Hogan saving Marty Jannetty from a triple team at the end of a Rockers/Powers of Pain match,  Heenan holding one of the tag belts because Andre can't be bothered with a tiny belt that won't fit.  

This is exactly what I came here for.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nate said:

See, its advocating like this that I'd love to read.  Also would get a kick out of the "well, Wrestler X isn't so bad" defenses.

There's probably not 64 or even 32 *truly* hated wrestlers out there active today ... But there's gotta be 16, surely.

Lol, I'm picturing poor Rippa having to run a 512 man tournament to get everyone in.    

Myself, I could see Dean Ambrose riding the wave all the way to the finals.  Give him the right draw and he can damn well rebound clothesline his way past Dolph and Enzo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Us Brits suffer for this. I remember feeling same in 2000-2001. PPV's began later when Channel 4 showed them.

Oh god I'd totally forgot about this. It was a great idea in theory (bringing the boom period to the masses) and Channel 4 completely fucked up. AND they kept splicing in in AD BREAKS!!! How many PPVs did they have? Sunday Night Heat started off great too on T4 but the hosts just passed it off as daft rubbish 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That's my one concern - that the final is already set at Ziggler vs Enzo

I don't know.  Considering the prevailing opinion here, the Young Bucks would give both a run for their money.

As a horribly negative person, I'm looking forward to the hater's ball tournament.

• Like 1