DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The Natural

7 minutes ago, Matt D said:

And Cody might get attention/bookings out of what she's doing, so...

Or more likely lose them.

Hell, it isn't even an "event" that Dusty created. It's a name he ripped off from what started as a  TBS gameshow.

Starcade-game-show-600x469.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Ace said:

Or more likely lose them.

Hell, it isn't even an "event" that Dusty created. It's a name he ripped off from what started as a  TBS gameshow.

Starcade-game-show-600x469.png

And all he really did was apply the name to Crockett's yearly Thanksgiving card in Greensboro. 

Starrcade was a combination of various things that were thought up by other people and put together by Dusty. Considering Dusty actually left Crockett and never asserted any trademark on Starrcade, I'm 99% sure that he wouldn't give a fuck. 

19 hours ago, Infinit said:

I doubt that they will take the belt off Jinder before the India tour. Unless they want him to challenge for the belt and have a big "home country" win...which would be HUGE news in India.

I'm puzzled as to why people think that a Canadian winning or losing the WWE title is going to mean jack to fans in India.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, OSJ said:

I'm puzzled as to why people think that a Canadian winning or losing the WWE title is going to mean jack to fans in India.

My family in India have told me there's some buzz about an Indian being the WWE championship. Much like how fans from the Philippines took pride in Batista being champion, even though he's half Filipino and half Greek.

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

My family in India have told me there's some buzz about an Indian being the WWE championship. Much like how fans from the Philippines took pride in Batista being champion, even though he's half Filipino and half Greek.

The Greeks were elated they had some gold again.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

Honestly, we should just be happy that Vince didn't just slap a turban on an Italian guy and call him Indian. 

Chief Jay Strongbow and Muhammad Hassan show the versatility of Italians to seemingly play any "brown person" race, at least in the eyes of the McMahon Family. 

Well, most forms of entertainment until maybe the last decade. How many Westerns were full of people playing Indians that were anything But? 

If Matt Hardy predicts it, then I'm inclined to believe it.  In TNA he told us he would go to the Honorable Ring and then Meekmahon, which, while seeming utterly bonkers at the time, he did. He's a broken man of his word!

I'm therefore 100% convinced the 7 deitys will somehow bestow Rhodes Bros vs, the Bucks of Youth vs, The Hardys upon us at Starrcade... oh yes!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

Everyone knows the better half is Greek.

• Like 1