DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The Natural

Maybe it's a typo or maybe they're just teasing Roode feuding with Ambrose.

Steamboat's new gimmick is guy that sews sails.  Kairi Sane's got the wheel.  They're clearly building to Captain Mike Rotunda getting a crew together to battle Sheik Tugboat's team at next year's Fall Brawl: War Games.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Even though his WWE career was going nowhere at the time,  if you had told me in 2014 that JInder would win the a WWE world title before Drew McIntire/Galloway, I would have laughed and asked you to bet money on that.

Even taking into account the India market and JInder's wellness regimen, it still seems unlikely.

I kinda expect him to beat Nak at the PPV.   Honestly, my main interest in the match is seeing how the Singh brothers manage to nearly cripple themselves this week.  

I thought Nakamura was walking out of Hell in a Cell with the title but now I can see them waiting until the cage match at Starrcade now to put the strap on Nakamura. regardless of if it's a network special or just a live event. And an argument could be made that with live event attendance down and them wanting to make the live events special with this Starrcade show that it's a pretty real possibility that Nakamura could dethrone Mahal at the Starrcade show. I shudder at the thought of 2 more months of the Mahal reign but I wouldn't be surprised. 

6 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

This is all leading to Matt and Reby vs Cody and Brandi. That will bring 10,000 out to an ROH show.

Like...do you mean the ROH show with that headlining will make $10,000? Because even that might be stretching it.

• Like 1

I SO want this to be a WWEN special and perhaps as strange a choice as you may very well think; I want Schiavone calling this. He's doing a one-off show already in October, bring him back. I'll take him a hundred times over current JR.

Yeah, I said it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

By Brandi's logic, I'm looking forward to my favourite PPV "Pat Patterson's Royal Rumble" in January

Yeah - that was the part that made me laugh

Since when does the WWE ever give credit for any ideas.

Of course this has seem to be the MO ever since they both left - Cody is the more diplomatic one while Brandi says what Cody probably feels but it gives Cody plausible deniability