DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The Natural

You update on gambling on the WWE (per the WON)

There was someone who gets all the WWE finishes that made a killing at SummerSlam because not enough smart money came for them to adjust the line, and also, none of the actual finishes were changed at the last minute. He did a $3.36 parlay on ten matches, all of which he got right, and won $45,600. That was a key thing where I mentioned after the show that a lot of the gambling sites were considering dropping WWE because insiders that knew could make a lot of money and that level money was ridiculous. The company that got hammered hasn’t done parlays in a long time, and won’t be doing them again. It was noted that the one guy alone may kill the landscape because companies don’t want to open themselves up for those kind of losses in what is usually considered a minor fun thing of having odds on pro wrestling matches. It also should be noted that there are WWE talents betting heavily which is where some sites recognize and switch the odds when those bets come in

3 hours ago, MarcosLoura said:

I learned that you could bet on WWE events just a couple months ago and I'm still baffled.

I forget what the dollar amount is to maximize the most out of this without taking a hit but the odds get so one-sided that if you bet on all the underdogs, and at least one finish gets changed last minute, you're guaranteed to come out ahead.

The Paige biopic titled “Fighting With My Family” screened in Los Angeles for the first time this week. According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, the film “still needs work” but “wasn’t bad.”

Fortunately, this premiere featured a rough cut, and as attendees were told prior to the screening, this was the first time that anyone that hadn’t worked on the production would view it.

The film details Paige’s journey in Norwich, England. We soon see her journey in NXT and her path to gain the Divas championship.

Executive Producer The Rock makes a few appearances throughout the film to drop some of his “famous one-liners” to Paige backstage at live events.

Some reviews of the film compliment the acting for being “solid” but the story was very much “paint-by-numbers and could’ve been pieced together from press releases and IMDB.”

The film, which was first announced earlier this year, will feature the likes of NXT Superstar Thea Trinidad, Game of Thrones star Lena Heady, The Internship’s Vince Vaughn and more.

No current public release date has been announced.

http://www.diva-dirt.com/139031/paige-biopic-screens-first-time/

1 hour ago, MarcosLoura said:

It's a scripted event! There are a bunch of people that have access to the results beforehand! IT'S INSANE! AM I INSANE TO THINK THIS?

What you are really betting on though are the odds of whether a 71 year old coke addict will:

1) Do what he said he was going to do yesterday

2) Do what he said he's going to do today

3) Do something else he hasn't told anyone yet

4) Do any of the things that he obviously should do

5) Do the stupidest and most self-destructive thing possible

6) Do something just to fuck with the people trying to figure out if he's going to do what he said he was going to do

Thinking of it that way, it's kind of a fun system to try to figure.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, piranesi said:

What you are really betting on though are the odds of whether a 71 year old coke addict will:

1) Do what he said he was going to do yesterday

2) Do what he said he's going to do today

3) Do something else he hasn't told anyone yet

4) Do any of the things that he obviously should do

5) Do the stupidest and most self-destructive thing possible

6) Do something just to fuck with the people trying to figure out if he's going to do what he said he was going to do

Thinking of it that way, it's kind of a fun system to try to figure.

Is this post about Vince or Trump? Legit question here. 

• Haha 4

Trump isn't alert enough to be on cocaine. Coffee and Red Bull. Vince just smoke crack every 5 minutes off camera. "Whoo! I feel strong enough to pull a matress into an abandoned building!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Funny story from Marty Jannetty's facebook page:

WHAT HAD HAPPENED WAS...... Recently while on the road for some shows, me and one of the boyz(who shall remain nameless in case he's married) had a day to kill and were bored..so we went to the grocery store and found the cutest girl there shopping..every time she wasnt looking we'd toss a pack of Bologna in her cart(yall who have followed me for a while know why it was bologna)..then at the checkout isle we watched as she would be putting items on the conveyor belt..the first pack she found she just did a double take and told the cashier that she didnt mean to get that..a couple items later when she pulled out the 2nd pack she kinda froze staring at it and said I didnt get that one..the cashier was starting to look at her funny..a few items later when she pulled out a third one she says, "wtf is going on I swear I didnt get all these"..me and brotherman couldnt help it we busted out laughing and she turned and looked at us and smiled and said "you azzholes" she kinda started giggling..the crazziest part of this is, we exchanged phone numbers for later that night..life on the road is tough yall..ya hurrrrd me??? lol PS- those of you who've been following me for a while KNOW why it was packs of bologna and not condoms like a couple of yall just suggested..plus, I doubt we'd have got her number if we were tossing condoms