DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The Natural

7 minutes ago, Zartan said:

Just remember when casting any movies.

Backlund= Girls will lose their virginity to him.

Hogan= Buttsex 

Admittedly, that's only Linda McMahon, so take that for what it's worth.

• Haha 1

So anyway -

I started watching that new WWE: Unreleased - 86-95 DVD and it's pretty fantastic.  I'm through an hour and have already had Hogan & Piper as a tag team, early Warrior being announced from Queens New York, and toooooons of Andre. 

I love the setup they went with of not overdubbing it with announcers and just letting the house audio shine, even when it's pretty shitty. 

2 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Is Shane strictly an on-air performer?  There hasn't been any talk of him having a creative or managerial role since he came back, so far as I can remember.

When Shane came back last year, Dave said he was strictly on-air.  But that was before he ended up staying (he was supposed to done at WM), so not sure if that changed, but considering some of the rumored horror stories, I seriously doubt he is in creative.

24 minutes ago, CSC said:

So anyway -

I started watching that new WWE: Unreleased - 86-95 DVD and it's pretty fantastic.  I'm through an hour and have already had Hogan & Piper as a tag team, early Warrior being announced from Queens New York, and toooooons of Andre. 

I love the setup they went with of not overdubbing it with announcers and just letting the house audio shine, even when it's pretty shitty. 

It's weird hearing the matches without the crowd sweetening. 

Then, there's this odd pairing... 

Am I crazy, or is that Stu Hart just hanging out at the curtain? Was this match from the same tv taping loop where Bret won the belt? I know he's said they flew Stu in. 

Also, sweet David Puddy 8-Ball jacket that guy at ringside has.

• Like 3

I think the Hitman's the GOAT, but even I didn't trust him enough to watch that match past the entrances. No way he's good enough at being a face in peril to offset the other three people in that match. 

Oh - pretty much every match on the DVD so far has sucked, but they've all been a ton of fun for stuff exactly like that.  If you like countout and dq finishes, this will be your thing. 

I think the happiest this DVD has made me is when during the Savage/Andre when Macho Man is coming to the ring and the camera stalls on 1986 Andre & Heenan in the ring joking with each other, both of them with the hugest smiles on their faces. 

Well, it could be worse?

undisputedera.jpg

Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, and Kyle O'Reilly's stable finally has its name.

WWE Shop released the first shirt for the trio of former ROH wrestlers today, with their merchandise page calling them "The Undisputed Era." The name of the stable is displayed on the front of the shirt, along with the letters "CFO" for Cole, Fish, and O'Reilly. "Shock The System" is written on the back of it.

This is the first time that the stable has been identified by name. They joined together and attacked Drew McIntyre as Adam Cole debuted at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn last month, which came after Fish and O'Reilly attacked SAnitY earlier in the night. Fish and O'Reilly had already debuted in losses to Aleister Black on NXT television prior to TakeOver.

The Undisputed Era have yet to cut their first promo as a team, though that could come when NXT tapes its next round of TV episodes at Full Sail University tomorrow night.