DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The Natural

Just saw the Roman Reigns tweet thing. How fucking dumb is this guy? Regardless of your beliefs, don't take the bait. If you do take the bait, maybe not come off like a giant hypocrite and an asshole?

40 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Just saw the Roman Reigns tweet thing. How fucking dumb is this guy? Regardless of your beliefs, don't take the bait. If you do take the bait, maybe not come off like a giant hypocrite and an asshole?

I can't tell if "this guy" means Reigns or the guy he reacted against.  I agree with you, if it's the latter.  Very often, I've found that "atheist" and "asshole" have more than "start with the letter A" in common.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, nate said:

I can't tell if "this guy" means Reigns or the guy he reacted against.  I agree with you, if it's the latter.  Very often, I've found that "atheist" and "asshole" have more than "start with the letter A" in common.

And yet, I've found the opposite, but that's for another discussion. Anyway, in this case, this guy refers more to Roman. Again, don't take the bait. Roman did and his response just came off really offensive.

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The guy is a dumbass for the response in the first place, there's no point in it, but Roman took the bait like a fool as well. Both are morons.

Agreed. Somehow, someway, both managed to come off incredibly intolerant, insensitive, and like asses.

Just now, Technico Support said:

I think WWE needs more social media guidelines in place than just "no tweeting after midnight."  Seriously, doesn't the NBA or some other sports league bring in advisors/social media coaches to teach guys how not to be dumb online?

UFC does or did. There were seminars for how to conduct yourself online, how to build your profile, increase your visibility, and avoid situations that will leave you looking like an asshole. 

This is why celebrities have their publicists pay people to do their twitter accounts. Also, why they end up half full of ads for useless crap depending on the celeb.

26 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

On a side note, how many of Roman's tweets sound like something Doctor Doom or Skeletor would say?

There was that period of time where every other tweet was him signing off with "CURSE YOU RICHARDS!" It was super weird.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/9/2017 at 0:03 PM, PetrolCB said:

Wyatt can replace Buscemi's character. Shit, he even sings "He's Got the Whole World In His Hands" in it. 

Hell, remake the damn movie with all WWE guys in it while we're at it. 

Ok, I'm doing this cuz it sounds way more interesting than "Roman is an idiot on Twitter".

• Cameron Poe (Nick Cage) - Southern badass. Doesn't really emote a ton. AJ Styles.
  • Vince Larkin (John Cusack) - John Cena. No it doesn't work at all, but he's gotta be in ONE of the leading roles, and I'd rather see AJ as Cameron Poe.
  • Cyrus the Virus (John Malkovich) - I've already thought of all the Don Callis jokes and I didn't find any of them funny. I was thinking of another role for him, but I can't see anyone better for this than Miz.
  • Garland "Marietta Mangler" Greene (Steve Buscemi) - I'm going with Petrol's casting and putting Bray Wyatt there.
  • Nathan "Diamond Dog" Jones (Ving Rhames) - Mark Henry
  • Duncan Malloy (Colm Meaney) - Sheamus
  • Johnny-23 Baca (Danny Trejo) - Rusev
  • Earl "Swamp Thing" Williams (M.C. Gainey) - Luke Harper
  • William "Billy Bedlam" Bedford (Nick Chinlund) - Bo Dallas
  • Joe "Pinball" Parker (Dave Chappelle) - Xavier Woods
  • Mike "Baby-O" O'Dell (Mykelti Williamson) - Big E
  • Guard Sally Bishop - Sasha Banks
  • Guard Falzon - Curtis Axel
  • Tricia Poe - Lana
  • Casey Poe - Izzy

And the one you've all been waiting for

• Ramon "Sally Can't Dance" Martinez - Velveteen Dream
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

So, I kinda forgot about the Mae Young Classic until they announced the live finals were this week...

Give me your honest opinion: Is it worth watching?

I really wasn't sure about it since it was a mix of women I didn't know (so they could've been bad) and rookies, but outside of one match in the first round it's a fun outing so far.